Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order & Survivor

3 Likes

2 Likes

New keyart released

1 Like

EA’s Jedi Fallen Order E3 gameplay reveal live stream:

Live stream starting now!

2 Likes

I know we need to hate EA but my god this game looks amazing. Like an Uncharted Star Wars. Please do not fuck it up!

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less about hating EA (or Star Wars to be honest), but this game does look awesome. Even though I don’t like the SW movies I’ve always enjoyed the games and with the god of game writers involved this is a must play.

1 Like

Am I the only one who was disappointed? It seemed underwhelming…

3 Likes

Certainly not disappointed personally, but I can understand the feeling that some have. It was a strange-ish point to use as a gameplay demo. Very linear early mission, AI levels turned down, no developer info explaining what was being shown. Also, I thought the graphics were pretty janky in places and some of the NPC characters and the player characters’ animations could definitely do with a bit of polish.

I missed the very start of the stream, so not sure if they mentioned how old the footage was in terms of development, but I did assume that it was still Alpha/WIP level stuff.

Still, keen and excited as I am for it, and confident as I am that Respawn will deliver a decent game, there’s no way I’m pre-ordering anything EA-related. I’m still hoping it comes on to Origin Access and that it gives me a better ROI for that sub than it did for Anthem :expressionless:

1 Like

Another Jedi Knight style game would be fantastic. But yeah, I didn’t really see anything super impressive here. The animations definitely look off somehow, like the characters’ joints are in the wrong place. With more polish it could be a good game though.

1 Like

Here’s just the gameplay video in case you missed it and want to avoid the somewhat over-exuberant panel host and some fairly mundane chat with the devs.

(It definitely looks a little better in the higher resolutions than I could watch the live stream at, so that’s something.)

I look at this and then dug up the Star Wars 1313 gameplay, and I have to say I am not nearly as excited about this as I was about 1313. It just looks… well… bland. I am a Star Wars fan, but just feel there is something not quite right with this game. I might just be bleak about 1313 being cancelled, but when you watch this trailer, remember this is 6 years ago… Still WOW!

1 Like

Not liking the fact that light side/dark side won’t matter in this game…

The trailer during Microsoft’s conference did way more to get me excited. Now I am just luke warm.

1 Like

Same here. Watching the EA playthrough had me disappointed, while the trailer at the Microsoft conference actually had me excited. It does seem quite “Disney” and I would’ve appreciated a slightly darker tone to the game.

1 Like

I see the reactions is pretty mixed on this game. I liked what I saw, and will definitely be getting this game day one. I might just ever pre-order it just to piss people off even more. It’s going to be a fun romp in the Star Wars universe, and it looks like the only good Star Wars game to come out of the EA licensing of the franchise.

1 Like

I dunno, as much as people hate Battlefront, I quite enjoy it. I got a good 20 hours out of the first game and played some Arcade, Campaign and Assault rounds on the sequel this past weekend (due to it being dirt cheap on sale). I actually like the games quite a lot and they feel really authentic.

1 Like

Had exactly the same reaction to it. I know it’s tuned and tweaked PR stuff, but there are scenes in the trailer lifted from the gameplay demo that just look a lot better. Still, going to wait to see what happens with it on Origin Access though.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right, the first Battlefront I also enjoyed but it got samey to me very quickly. The overall quality was good, but just not nearly enough content or substance to keep me playing it. This however looks like what I want from a Star Wars game. It just feels like the LucasArts games of old.