Steam & the MEW Steam Community

Okay, so now I’m solidly confused… Tried accessing Steam again on my laptop.

Wired and over Wi-Fi I get the same as on the desktop, on three different browsers:

Disconnect from the home network, connect the laptop via my phone’s Hotspot service and:

Everything else seems to be working fine - Youtube, Reddit, MEW, Giphy, Xbox Wire, Epic Games all load perfectly. It’s just Steam. I’ve tried logged in, logged out, different Steam pages, even tried in Incognito mode. Just doesn’t load.

So, big HUH? from me.

1 Like

try changing the dns address on your PC, see if that does anything to either 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

maybe give the router a good restart, see if anything changes

2 Likes

We were already there, 1.1.1.1 as Primary, 8.8.8.8 as Secondary… but the good old Router Reboot did the trick. Steam loading perfectly again now. How strangely weird.

Thanks for the “Have you tried turning it off and on again?” prompt :smiley:

1 Like

:smiley: no problem, sounded like something isp or dns related, glad a refresh to the isp connection did the job.

2 Likes

Is there any point to Steam Curators?

Do these people get benefit for doing this to a load of games?

1 Like

I guess the idea started out that if someone you follow curates games (ie Totalbiscuit) it makes it easier for you to chose new games to play based on their recommendations.

2 Likes

It’s a classic case of Steam bloat. They keep adding features but should really cull those that are no longer useful.

2 Likes

That being said. I think the MEW community also curated games.

1 Like

I think it was MyGaming actually - it’s that old

1 Like
4 Likes

This be me

ReddEdit: We can’t link to a screenshot :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t fit into the norm of society

3 Likes