Steam Winter Sale

While the dates were seemingly leaked a while ago, SteamDB and others have confirmed that this years Steam Winter Sale will begin on December 20:

TechRadar suggests not only an end date of 3 January for the sale, but also some very specific start and end times for the sale:

The Steam Winter Sale will go live on December 20 at 9:55am BST / 1:55am PST / 4:55 EST / 8:55pm AEDT and will run until January 3 at 10:05am BST / 2:05am PST / 5:55am EST / 9:05pm AEDT.

Meanwhile, the second part of the SteamDB tweet has also been confirmed. Some Steam users are reporting the discovery of “Mysterious Card 4” in their Inventory, received for crafting a badge:

The assumption is that the Trading Cards will all be linked to voting in the annual Steam Awards.

6 Likes

Gird your loins, tighten the belt around your wallet, the Steam Winter Sale is almost upon us.

As a reminder for those tempted by a seemingly bargain, remember to login to the SteamDB Sales tracker to keep an eye on things. The tracker can be set to ZAR, you can filter for things like only games on your Wishlist, set a minimum discount level, and sort all the results in pretty much any order you’d like.

Capture

And don’t forget that the sale runs through to 3 January - no need to do the sheep thing and flood the site in the first hour - the games on sale and discounts will still be there later!

7 Likes

Awesome. Thanks @GregRedd. Now I can search for only games at 90% discount :joy:

4 Likes

Maybe I went too far.

10 Likes

haha, geez :slight_smile: That’s awesome

4 Likes

Has anyone checked out the Extremely Cozy Cottage of Surprises?

It’s an advent calendar of sorts and each day you can open a window and get some items:

You may receive in-game items and community items such as Steam Profile Backgrounds and Emoticons from participating games, as well as consumable knick-knacks specifically for the 2018 Steam Winter Sale.

2 Likes

Bit silly to create a whole new thread for this, so necro from last year.

The final Steam Sale of the year is upon us! Although still not 100% official, it’s been fairly reliably leaked that the 2019 Steam Holiday Sale will start today. Most Steam events start at 18:00UTC, so expect Steam to crash from 8PM tonight.

If past history of Steam Sales holds true, it should run for 2 weeks through until the 2nd/3rd of January.

The sale should see decent discounts on all of the games nominated for the 2019 Steam Awards (and the chance to vote for your winners I guess).

As always, I recommend using the Steam DB Sales page to search and find the best deals once the sale is live. Stay wallet savvy out their shoppers!

This will also be the last chance for those Secret Santas who still need to pick up their gifts to snag a bargain or two. If that’s you, remember to also check out the SS for Steam People thread for details on how to get your gifts delivered.

If you do discover a most excellent deal in your wandering around the Steam aisles, share it here please. And feel free to share your spoils too if you’d like.

3 Likes

I think the Winter Sale has started…

7 Likes

Seems to work this morning. Anyone doing the steam activities?

3 Likes

Havent looked at them yet

1 Like

Done. But I see there are a few new ones each day.

2 Likes

Shout if you all need a group chat to join i made one for now

2 Likes

I just joined the MEW chat group and it worked for me. @MetalSoup was in the group.

3 Likes

I also posted in there afterwards.

2 Likes

Why would you do that?

2 Likes

For the group benefits.

2 Likes

Haha I was bored at work so just playing with you. :grin:

3 Likes

It looks like with the latest quest you actually have to activate voice chat with a friend. I tried it with the group but it didn’t unlock.

Anyone here that I can voice chat with? Don’t actually want to chat, just want to get the quest ticked. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yay, thanks for helping me out @MetalSoup! That was perfect. :smiley:

4 Likes