Stock of GeForce cards

Anybody know when stock for new graphics cards arrive? Specifically MSI Geforce GTX 1070 TI. Seems the whole country is out of stock (at least all the online sites I’ve checked).

1 Like

TL;DR: New stock may only arrive as late as March.

The prices on Amazon are just ludicrous.

I was really hoping that the whole crypto craze would die down this year. Seems as though the shortages are see to continue far longer.

It’s not an Nvidia card, but just to add to the discussion: I was in the market for a new GPU for most of last year. I finally managed to pick up a second-hand RX580 from a guy who just got out of the GPU mining business. The card was basically brand new having only been bought three months before. I got it at an insanely good price as well. Seems like an even better decision now than it did at the time. Sucks to be a gamer shopping for parts right now; RAM prices are also up something like 170% compared to this time last year.

1 Like

I don’t really think the crypto craze is going anywhere. All that might happen is the proper coins will get better while the junk fades away. But mining seems to become all the more popular.

@Sweepslag Where did you buy your 2nd hand GPU? That might not be a bad route to go.

I trolled around on Gumtree, OLX, Carbonite.co.za, pretty much any site or app where someone might advertise used PC parts. I had serious doubts about ever buying something other than brand new out-the-box, so I was extra cautious. It was also a mission to weed out the adverts that seemed a bit too good to be true, if that makes sense. All in all though, I think I made a pretty good buy. Just be patient and do your homework.

Doing Rune’s work for him here, but RebelTech has EVGA 1080Ti’s in stock — R15,499.

https://www.rebeltech.co.za/14875-evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-sc-black-edition-gaming.html

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve decided to wait a bit for the 1070 TI instead. Think it is better value for money. Apparently they’ll come in within the next 2 - 6 weeks. So it is either very soon or quite a while away :slight_smile:

1 Like