Take-Two to acquire Codemasters for $973-million

Less than a year ago we learnt that Codemasters were buying Project Cars developers Slightly Mad Studios.

Today Reuters are reporting that Take-Two Interactive are poised to buy the British developer of the official F1 games and the Dirt franchise for almost a billion Dollars.

Take-Two are the holding company of Rockstar Games, 2K Games and the Private Division label, amongst others. They are the third largest publicly traded European and American games company after Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts.

Should the acquisition go through, the Codemasters stable of titles will join the likes of the Red Dead, Grand Theft Auto, NBA, Borderlands and Bioshock franchises.

2 Likes

Red Dirt Auto?
Project Bio Lands?
Grid BA?

Endless possibilites!

3 Likes

Well there goes our awesome regional pricing on Codies games. Take-Two titles are some of the most expensive for us in the ZAR region.

5 Likes

Exactly what I thought too :expressionless:

5 Likes

I don’t think its a good idea. Companies need to remain individual or otherwise they’ll all just start producing similar games due to corporate demands.

5 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same when I saw the news.

4 Likes

I’m still not sure how to feel about this, I grew up on codies games… and Take-Two is all about making that money printer go brrrrr.

3 Likes