Tech Support Hotline

Ya, that’s true. I usually mirror drives. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Sup guys.

Last week I got the RX 480 8gb, downloaded the drivers but I see there is drivers for WHQL (no idea what that is and if I should download it instead of the one that I did download) But as soon as I play a game and alot of stuff happens in game my pc goes into powersaving mode and the only way to get it out is the hard restart it. I removed one Ram stick aswell to see if that might be the problem but it’s not.

So any advice or help would be greatly helpful and much appreciated. Decided to clean my rig out today aswell so hopefully that will fix it

3 Likes

Here’s my rig

2 Likes

I’m guessing that the driver you installed is this one:

If you check the release notes for that one (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-3-1) you’ll see it has a bunch of known issues, including:

• Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations.
  • Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay enabled.
  • A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix™ content.
  • Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay.

I would uninstall that one and try the previous driver - the WHQL Recommended one instead. “WHQL” stands for Windows Hardware Quality Labs - basically a driver that has been tested and certified for use on Windows PCs.

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.2.2-mar5.exe

3 Likes

You are correct sir, at fisrt i also thought it was the wrong driver that i installed but everything seems to be in order. Going to download the new one (hopefully it wont take me a whole day with this shitty speed)

2 Likes

I installed the new driver, will let you know if it happens again. Really hope not :mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

Yeah no it’s still doing the same thing…

Can you disable that setting?

2 Likes

it has nothing to do with the pc setting itself. Im using my pc and then it goes into pwrsaving. Happend just now when i was playing borderlands 1

Whats your Power Supply like?

750w psu

Turns out the BIOS was flashed with the wrong one. Now to search how to fix it

1 Like

So I’ve flashed the GPU but still black screen so either it’s format or wait till AMD fixes it…

Opt to just install and older version of the driver hopefully this will fix it

Is this with the newer card you got from your mate recently? Was that you? Is it possible that the card is faulty or not 100% compatible with the rest of your rig? Were you having problems like this with your old card?

1 Like

No problems with the old card. Did research on my issue and it seems alot of AMD users have the same problem with the new driver updates.

Keep getting a ‘application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware’ notification every time I exit a game. Just gonna format and then reinstall windows hopefully that fixes it and I can just play games normally

Sup gents. Just a quick question, can anyone tell me which cpu my motherboard would support? Currently have and Msi a320m gaming pro or carbon pro (not 100% sure which edition it is)

Basically I just want to know should I get a new upgrade kit or a new cpu. The reason for this is I want to know more or less where I can save for this cause I’m upgrading it for Cyberpunk ( I know it’s still early but just want to get more or less an idea what I’m going to need to upgrade)

You’re in luck! Your board can support up to the 3rd Gen Ryzen CPU’s so you could get a Ryzen 3600 or similar. The 3300x’s are apparently brilliant value for money on the budget side.

You’ll most likely need to make sure you’ve got the latest BIOS installed though as many of the older boards need one to support the newer chips. The good news is that you can do that now.

2 Likes

I’ll look into the 3300x then cause I was stressing out of getting the cash for a new kit given the situation now I don’t think I can’t afford it

1 Like