The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

I second the mosquito thing !!! Burn bug BURN !!!

I would even be willing to have spiders in the house to get rid of those dam things

4 Likes

Dude I agree and as we all know I am petrified of spiders. The mozzies are just mental this year!

1 Like

Yea dont know what else to do to get rid of them only option is flame thrower

2 Likes

A friend of mine is literally vacuuming their ceilings before bed time, they live near a lagoon, so their ceiling goes from white to grey at night

1 Like

woah dam thats hectic.

I put nets on all the windows and now i can have windows open and not have bugs fly in. I got the net with magnets do I can access the window handle. But having the ceiling full of bugs before sleeping is hard core I would bomb the room ever day at that rate.

2 Likes

Morning

5 Likes

Morning everyone.

5 Likes

Well, good morning.

It is my youngest daughter’s 5th birthday today and a few realities are finally sinking in:

• i am in real trouble when my girls become teenagers
  • I am getting too damn old for this!
  • I am dumb compared to them
  • I am getting too damn old!
8 Likes

Yes, being an aging parent with teenagers is a struggle. Only advice I can offer is to stay involved in their lives or they will drift away from you. A simple thing like going to their room every night and saying good night, even if they are 18, makes a big difference.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone.

5 Likes

Quick question: if your license disc expires, I know you have a grace period, but should that lapse as well. Is there a point where you can no longer renew, that you would have to re-register or get COR again?

3 Likes

If your license disc expires you start paying penalties. If you get caught with an expired disc, you will have to pay a fine + penalties.

As for how long you can have an expired disc with a registered car, no idea. My gut tells me forever but if you ever want to get a disc renewed or your car transferred to someone else, you are going to be scooped for a lot of money.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s already adding up :stuck_out_tongue:

I have learnt that.

Yeah, kinda feeling the same.

Thanks for the feedback, time will tell. Will have to keep monitoring it and see what I can do.

3 Likes

What is worse the fine has to be paid at your local people friendly court house. The part I hate the most. Also, I added it in on my original reply, if you want to get your car sold/ownership transferred, you are stuck and have to pay penalties.

3 Likes

I see the fine shows up in my FNB app, so seems to be payable via that platform which is preferrable.

2 Likes

That is great news. Standing in a covid line at the courthouse is not fun and also an all day endeavour.

4 Likes

haha yeah, not to find the monies to pay for such things >_<

2 Likes

With my wife’s car I missed the renewal date by a couple of months since I got the expiry date mixed up. The fine basically worked out to around R150 but what also happens is that you pay per month over, the good news about that is that your new expiry date will be a year from when you now pay.

4 Likes

So I’m looking to get financial aid on a new car.

Any recommendations?

3 Likes

Morning people of the Palace

Can the heat now go away please

@Beo be warned cops have been taking disks from people who are behind in payment, they are not allowed to as far as I understand. Also if you are in any kind of fender bender your insurance will laugh at you

3 Likes