The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

Eishā€¦ crap one. At least my superbru for the winner will be correct :confused:

1 Like

Well hello. Controversy, here we come.

2 Likes

Good to see Seb still defending Hamilton against the crowd, but Hamilton does not agree with Seb at all, and I donā€™t think Seb knows that haha.

4 Likes

Ferrari fans: stupid call!
Merc fans: good call!

Impartial me: that was unfortunate. My gut feel when watching the replay the first time was that he swerved towards the racing line to cut Lewis off on purpose. But the more I look at it the more I think that was unavoidable. Not an easy call to make either way.

The school girl antics of Lewis saying ā€œI did not make the decisionā€ but he certainly bitched about it right after. And then Seb saying the people should not boo Lewis. Man, the soap opera!

3 Likes

You have to rejoin the track in a safe manner. This loosely translates to ā€œif anyone has to brake or swerve due to you rejoining the track itā€™s unsafeā€

Itā€™s a rubbish way to pick up a win.

2 Likes

How does that rule apply to an accident or a spin? What if he did a full 360 and ended up exactly where he did, and stayed ahead of Hamilton? The biggest argument is whether he was in control of his car. I cant tell if he was or not.

This is a good exercise of the rules and when to apply it. I am watching the appeal carefully!

1 Like

The rule applies when you leave the track, by choice or by force.

1 Like

Well Canada surely was an exciting race. Such a pity that a controversial call robbed us of what shaped up to be a great battle between Vettel and Hamilton. But the rest of the grid had some interesting things happening and some good on-track battle.

On the whole Vettel penatly thing. Personally, I think it was a rubbish call by the Stuarts. I think Vettel rejoined the circuit and was unable to really control his car. I think the rule is way too draconian and not conducive to the spirit of racing. Having said that, Vettel made a mistake. He couldnā€™t keep control of his car, HE is ultimately to blame for the 5 second penalty. While I may think the rule is too harsh, if Vettel drove well and never made a mistake, like how Hamilton drove, he wouldā€™ve won without any issue.

Magnussen made an absolute ass out of himself. If you miseed his outrage, here is some clips:

I was so disappointed that Norris had the suspension failure. How the hell did the suspension catch fire and melt. Like his car just broke by itself on a straight. He was doing well up until that lap.

Well done to Stroll for scoring some points. He had a great race.

3 Likes

Haha I heard that last night and how Guenther had to jump on the radio and shut him up.

2 Likes

Apparently he apologized profusely on his cool down lap. I mean yeah he had no pace during the race, but damn the team rebuilt his car after the crash in one night.

3 Likes

Also, despite not winning Iā€™m fairly happy with Ferrari this weekend. Hopefully they can keep this up and do better in the next. Ricciardo ahead of Gasly is a nice touch. Would be better if he beat Verstappen though.

1 Like

it wonā€™t open for me :frowning:

Karun really showed why this was such a bs penalty. You could see seb was just a passenger and fighting not to go into the wall. It was really stupid, because the racing between the two of them was brilliant. It was so awesome to watch. Yea Seb was acting badly afterwards, I am glad to see that Ferrari got him to the podium.

KMag was being an idiot

Noris just had such bad luck it wasnt funny.

I loooooved seeing Dani Ric so happy this weekend

2 Likes

2 Likes

Same. And @Wyvernā€™s new one too. At least on desktop. On mobile they both have a irritating ā€œClose to play videoā€ ad overlaying them. Close that on the phone and it plays. So Iā€™m guessing the adblocker on the desktop is blocking that, but itā€™s still overlaying the clips and thatā€™s why we canā€™t see them.

The other issue, and this is mostly a Vettel thing, is what Vettel said on the radio. Which was something like ā€œIf I go to the inside, heā€™ll pass meā€, which seems to indicate that he at least had some form of control and was aware (at least in part) of where Hamilton was when he rejoined.

2 Likes

Weird they worked for me, and now I also cant get them to play - lets see if I can just paste the links
https://streamable.com/ffp9w.

Ye that worked.

also, my ublock is disabled for this site, so I donā€™t think its that. it just spins and spins. I see the image ā€œthumbnailā€ before clickingā€¦no idea what the issue is. glad its not a ā€˜only meā€™ thing tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

So is mine, but i think because the clips are on Streamable and pulled from there, uBlock still triggers over their ad?

1 Like

Mebbe. shrug

1 Like