The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

aah ok, seems the Haas is also just struggling. I know most guys are struggling with the new tire compounds

1 Like

While we wait for FP2ā€¦ did we ever add the official clips from the Red Bull Cape Town event?

2 Likes

I didnt add all of them since it wasnt all available - I just love the one of the tax racing with the car

2 Likes

Lol. Hamilton under investigation for rejoining the track in an unsafe manner and causing Verstappen to leave the circuit during FP2. That Seb penalty in Canada has created a ridiculous precedent.

2 Likes

But see this is exactly why I was so pissed off at that penalty. It is going to cause so much upset, because now if you do that it will be a penalty otherwise Ferrari will be up in arms - which is fair.

I still believe that penalty was pointless and silly, for something that most people saw as a racing incident.

2 Likes

Free Practice 2 Time Sheet. Seems very familiarā€¦

2 Likes

And speaking of the Penalty, FIA has rejected Ferrariā€™s request to have the penalty reviewed. Canā€™t find the article for some reason. But I got a push notification to my phone now.

3 Likes

Free Practice 3 done. Merc reinforce their dominance here again by locking out the top spots for the 3rd session. Lot of complaints - especially from Verstappen - about lack of tyre grip. Both Red Bulls struggling - 1.4s off the pace, and right in the mix with the excellently performing McLarens - Lando right in there. Much better showing from the Alfas today as well. Low gear power issues for Russell - much as I tease them, it really pains me to see Williams struggling so much. Russell missed FP1 with Latifi in his seat, now missed most of FP3.

Most interesting thing to look forward to in Qualifying will probably be whether Bottas can top Hamilton for pole. I hope he does, and we get a decent Merc vs Merc race tomorrow. Rows 1 and 2 pretty sorted, but from Row 3 back to Row 6 at least is going to be tight.

3 Likes

Greg is no doubt busy posting his quali analysis, but I just wanted to get this in here:

GO MACCA!!

3 Likes

Hamilton cracks his 86th pole, his 60th for Mercedes. Small mistake from Bottas in penultimate corner. Complete garbage lap from Vettel. Huge Quali for the Maccas! Best qualifying result for McLaren in ages.

3 Likes

To make this even more impressive, the top 8 all got through to Q3 on the medium tyres. So not only are the McLarens starting on the third row, theyā€™re starting on the right tyre for the race!

2 Likes

I was so impressed with the Maccas!

Vettel as much as I like him, needs to call it quits, he is not getting competitive in this car or regulations. There is only so much that you can blame on tires and wind and so on.

Gasly also needs to wake up now, he shows so much more performance last year. I donā€™t know if he made the right move to RedBull

3 Likes

Iā€™m so happy for McLaren! Haha did you guys see how happy Lando Norris is on twitter? Itā€™s awesome to see.

Looking forward to a good race. I reaaaalllly want McLaren and Renault to beat Gasly. Hulkenberg wonā€™t make it but I hope the rest do.

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy to see McLaren ahead of a Ferrari I could poop glitter

2 Likes

1 Like

Utter domination by Lewis and Merc. Lapped up to P7, 18 seconds ahead of his teammate, led every lap from pole. Almost another Grand Slam but for Vettelā€™s final lap Fastest Lap.

6th win for Hamilton this season already. And the 50th 1-2 for Merc and their 10th consecutive win. Hamilton now 36 points clear of Bottas, who has 40 points on Vettel.

Stoked that Lando managed to get to the end suffering with hydraulic issue in last 10 laps. Questions about Danny Ricā€™s move past Norris and going past Kimi with all 4 wheels off the circuit. Still, double points for the Maccas - nice!

Other than that, pretty boring race. Iā€™d give it 5/10 gorilla trophies.

Austria in a week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s decent overhead and onboard views of the Norris vs. Ricciardo vs. Raikkonen final lap incident. Think DRic is looking at a penalty. Kimi also looks pretty close to the all four wheels off the circuit thing as well at one pointā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah pretty meh race again. Almost had something at the end with LeClerc and Bottas, but nah.

1 Like

TWO five-second time penalties for Ricciardo. One for rejoining unsafely vs. Norris, the other for going off-track vs. Raikkonen. Drops him to P11, moving Gasly into the points, Norris, Hulk, Kimi all up one place.

2 Likes

Ricciardo is a fair bit of a chop this season. Guess heā€™s just under pressure in an ā€œalso racedā€ team

2 Likes