The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Twilight zone stuff!

3 Likes

Imagine how deep that zone who have been if it was Kubica still in a Williams posting that sort of laptime :astonished:

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Ferrari power at the top, middle and bottom of the times. I’m so confused by whatever the red team are doing. Are they sandbagging? Are they just focussing on long runs and race simulation testing, knowing from the Alfa times that the single lap qualifying pace is there, but the points are earned in the race? Are they just struggling to put all the good bits onto the car at the same time?

2 Likes

Remarkable comeback to the sport last year, after this horrific accident:

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s Pre-Season Test Day 5 of 6, and will be the last time some of the drivers will have with their car before FP1 in Australia in 2 weeks time.

Here’s the Driver schedule for today:

And if my URL link-fu is up to scratch, the F1TV live stream for the morning session should be here from 10 AM:

Oh, and it’ll probably be a slow start to the day anyway, unless someone wants to do a couple of laps to test Intermediates…

2 Likes

Ocon was the only one out, slip sliding all over with inters i think.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I would LOVE to see graphics like this in Q3 this year!

3 Likes

Apparently this is the day of spins

1 Like

The Mercs have not gone out yet - they have missed the first hour and a bit
Not sure why

Timesheet and lap counts from yesterday’s running:

Vettel’s lap was the 3rd fastest time of testing so far, showing that the Ferrari does have competitive pace over a single lap. The team are insisting that they haven’t been sandbagging though, Leclerc has said that they’ve improved cornering speed but are lacking straightline speed, Binotto says they’re “definitely behind Mercedes and some of the other teams still”.

Add to that Lewis Hamilton’s paltry 14 laps before he stopped on track. And that after over an hour in the pits before he actually went out.

Imagine if that had been a Ferrari - or any other team to be honest? “Oh woe is me”, “what a disaster”, “their season is over already”. But because it was Lewlew and Mercedes, the commentary was more along the lines of “minor set back”, “that’s what testing is for”, “better now than in the race”, “he doesn’t really need the time behind the wheel, he’s so good”. It’s probably all true to be fair. But still… :expressionless:

2 Likes

The driver’s schedule for the final day of Pre-Season testing:

2 Likes

Did they say what went wrong with the Merc?

1 Like

No idea why he only went out so late, but the stop was supposedly due to an oil pressure problem:

2 Likes

Weird i looked and I couldnt find a reason, Im more worried about the engine considering the williams also had issues with their engine

2 Likes

Haas to introduce FART system - Flatulence Activated Rapidity Technique :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Also that nickname, Banter Steiner hahahha.
Also wow, Ferrari outta nowhere with a good time. Makes me feel a little better. Even if they were sandbagging, I was a little worried.

2 Likes