The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

I canā€™t wait for it all to start again!

4 Likes

You are not alone! I am so hyped!
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20200703T00&p0=56&msg=F1+Start&font=cursive&csz=1

3 Likes

Williams have revealed their revised livery for the season:

Much better than the BC toothpaste tube look.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a sexy looking car.

3 Likes

WOW! That actually looks flippen amazing! Canā€™t FIA give them prize money for best looking car?

3 Likes

I have to say that is the first sexy Williams in years!

1 Like

Introducing our new 2020 livery :black_heart: A pledge to improve the diversity of our team and our sport, and a signal of the Teamā€™s commitment to fighting racism and discrimination in all its forms.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hawt! (Is that how the kids say it?)

Hereā€™s a full size view:

And the reasoning behind the all black livery and the strong anti-racism and anti-discrimination messages from the main team role players:

2 Likes

I actually really like that livery! Looks amazing!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Ooooh, itā€™s getting closeā€¦!! And if the potential addition of Mugello and Algarve happens, so much the better!

Even our mate in the shed is excited:

And like the top comment on the video says:

F1: Adds Mugello to calendar
Codemasters: Guess weā€™ll just die

3 Likes

:rofl:

Wrong year Codemasters, wrong year.

3 Likes

This popped up in my feed today. Itā€™s 5 months old but Tommo has some great predictions, some of which I even alluded to myself (pat on the back there for you, oltman! Good boy!)

The only ones yet to play out is Bottas to Renault (@Solitude would be so happy!) And Russell to Mercedes (I would be so happy!)

Also, I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday practiseā€¦ turns out it was just another cold wintery Thursdayā€¦

So amped for this weekendā€™s racing! But I have another prediction: next weekend will be cancelled after someone from this weekend tests positiveā€¦ :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be very happy indeed if Bottas goes to Renault. :smiley:

Canā€™t wait for practice.

2 Likes

Lift the curse!!

Also, Merc boys in black race suits = :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

they made provisions now if someone is positive they have procedures in place and they doing loads of testing on everyone and lots of mask/social distancing. so that they can keep on racing.

2 Likes

Things are going to be a little different in and around the F1 paddock and circuits, but itā€™s happening!!

The weekend schedule:

And an extract from an interview with the Ferrari drivers featuring Sebs thoughts on why they team have struggled to perform in the past years:

(I wonder if this format is a replacement for the press race press conference now?)

2 Likes

Neat F1 Team and Driver Spotter guide in PDF form here (and itā€™s up to date with the new Williams and Merc liveries):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pGOrlrF1-XvcUdN3PipH8V8yoHwOP_TY/view

From F1 Redditor u/robbiebobbie_

4 Likes

So good to see the previews again @GregRedd! Iā€™ve been waiting for it.

2 hours to go!

2 Likes

Im happt yo see I am not the only one hyped! Pity today is Doc visit day for mum so yay me we get to miss FP1

1 Like