The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Almost time for the third race weekend in a row to start:

4 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

LANDOOOOOOO!!!

3 Likes

What a lap from Lando. Goeie moer.

And Russell was just as impressive in a crappy Williams.

I’m assuming vet will get a 3 place penalty at the least but then he will have tire choice and that makes him dangerous

Lewis and bottas looked defeated.
Tomorrow will be fun

1 Like

Jissie what happened to Ferrari? Super happy for Lando though.

2 Likes

Super strategic play by Ferrari. Full race setup, tyre choice, and drive like Charles did last week (but without crashing into anyone this time!)*

After all, it is the race that counts for points, not the qualifying.

Super stoked for Lando. Just hope McLaren have given him a car with decent (Ferrari level :smiley: ) race pace and he can keep those Mercs behind him.

*At least that’s what I’m telling myself. We’ll see tomorrow how clever I am.

1 Like

He won’t have tire choice, though. The rule is whichever set of tires you use to go from Q2 to Q3 is the set you start with, regardless of where you actually start.

2 Likes

It seems that vettel might be in the clear, he was impeded by sainz and bottas, who are both seeing the stewards as well.

And I agree i hope lando can keep ahead of the mercs for a bit.

And I agree that the ferrari team has a plan

2 Likes

Very true forgot about that

1 Like

What a race!

Altho the penalty handouts started feeling like Oprah handing out gifts.

Way to push Lando, so proud of the kid!

3 Likes
2 Likes

I am waiting on more official results

2 Likes

Yeah very happy for Lando. Also Ferrari had a good race. Amazed that le Clerc was still able to catch up to Perez again after going off track twice. Glad they did the switcheroo and Sainz got the job done on Dani Ric.
Bummed that Russel count not hold Alonso off, but still, well done.

2 Likes
2 Likes

We’ve really beed spoiled this year with a great season. While the Red Bull domination of the previous few races have been enjoyable to watch, I still think Mercedes will come back harder and stronger as the season progresses. And if Perez cannot get his head out of his arse and start driving like he’s in a championship winning car, Mercedes will once again win the constructors.

Lando Norris has been a standout driver this year, again showing pace to match the Mercs. Lewis’s comments during the race really shows that everyone in the paddock is taking notice of his meteoric rise this season. The true test wi be to see if he can keep up the pressure and remain competitive the rest of the season.

I also firmly believe there is no way George will stay with Williams. He will absolute get the second driver seat at Merc. Bottas is so kak he needs to just be booted and either go to Formula E or Williams.

1 Like

If you listen to Bottas in interviews he has either spent too much time with Kimi, or he knows he is out already…

1 Like

Stand out comment… Lando saying thanks to all the orange fans coming out to support McLaren :rofl:

1 Like

Best part of the day:

2 Likes
2 Likes