The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

Jirre what a lap by Russell

3 Likes

When you look at the RaceDepartment skins for the car, they have some better looking examples:

Not sure GULF belongs on an Aston Martinā€¦ but anyway:

3 Likes

What a start from max

2 Likes

It was an entertaining sprint race. Would have liked to see Alonso in a decent car!

3 Likes

Russell given 3 place grid penalty for the incident with Sainz

4 Likes

Thatā€™s idiotic. It was clearly a racing incident (qualifying incident?) and as much as I feel for Sainz losing out because of it, Russel does not deserve such a severe penalty here.

2 Likes

Oh my. Only got to this email now.

It is the official email sent AFTER the new car revealā€¦

And this is the actual link. In case you missed it.

Is an official release still a leak? :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ai and the one time I finally decide to put max first on my superbru.

2 Likes

Ha, Vettel king sbinnala is back

1 Like

How is Ferrari still 1st :laughing:(if this engine donā€™t die then le Clerc can somehow win this)

2 Likes

You jinxed him!

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Pommie dicks cheering and laughing when HAM punts VER off, sick fucks - that was not a nice accident. 51Gs. But yay, woohoo, best fans, so knowledgeable, so respectful.

Weakest penalty of the year so far. Should have at least been a 10-second Stop/Go. Especially after Georgeā€™s 3 place penalty after a similar incident.

Croft has his face so deeply buried in Hamiltonā€™s arse Iā€™m surprised he can still breath.

Should have been a Ferrari win for Charles, without Carlosā€™ luck sucking, he should have been on the podium, Hamilton should have been fighting for podium with Bottas at the end.

Hope Max is okay.

3 Likes

Dammit I did indeed. But it wasnā€™t due to the engine, was just pure lack of pace. But damn, the fact that he was even there in the first place is still a great achievement for Ferrari.

3 Likes

I dont know how to feel about that raceā€¦

that looked like he clipped him on purpose. this is quite a hectic season

2 Likes

Fixed that for youā€¦

Yes Hamilton had a great drive, cannot argue that for 51 laps.

But it really STINKS the way everyone is like ā€œnot even a penalty could stop himā€ and not mentioning he GOT THE PENALTY FOR DRIVING HIS ONLY REAL COMPETITOR OFF THE TRACK!!!

I thiught I vented earlier. Clearly I needed more.

Also, I wonder if they will ever take current standings into account for penalties? Because right now they dont.

3 Likes

I love those rope cameras, especially at those weaving corners.

2 Likes

As much as I donā€™t like Hamilton I donā€™t think it was on purpose(or rather didnā€™t clip him on purpose but wanted him to back off in a forceful manner). I think itā€™s something thatā€™s been waiting to happen with the way both of them are driving. I think both of them expects the other to back off and I know this was gonna happen sooner or later and now im sure itā€™s going to happen again.
I think both of them could have done better but neither wants to back down. Shame, Le Clerc went wide just to not end up the same way as Max, coz Hamilton did the same thing there.

LOL classic.

1 Like

I have absolutely no problem with the incident itself, and 100% agree that there was no intent or malice behind it at all - a genuine racing incident.

I do have an issue with the precedent that has now been set by the race stewards though. ā€œCausing a collisionā€ (which they presumably feel Hamilton did do or else he wouldnā€™t have got any penalty at all) results in a minor 10-second penalty. I guarantee that there is going to be a future occassion where a close 1v1 duel is going to land up in the same situation.

All Iā€™m saying is that if that situation happens to be Verstappen clipping Hamiltonā€™s rear wheel and sending him into the barrier and out of the race in Bahrain on 12 December where whoever finishes ahead of the other wins the Championship, all these ā€œthe penalty was fairā€ folk best not open a single mouth in protest.

The 5- and 10-second penalties (to be taken at pitstops or added to race time) were introduced to penalise minor infractions This was not a minor infraction. The collision the stewards agreed that Hamilton caused didnā€™t just cause a rival to loose a few places. It resulted in a competitor not being able to continue in the race. A 10-second Stop & Go penalty, or at the very least, a Drive-Through penalty (which need to be served within 3 laps) would have been more appropriate action. Even then, with it being so early in the race, I have little doubt that Hamilton would have managed to comfortably get back onto the podium and even win it.

(And then the Sky bullshit about this being a ā€œbrave and remarkable recovery driveā€ may actually have been true. Hamilton ā€œrecoveredā€ from P2 against an underperforming Ferrari with faulty engine mapping. Much talent, many blessed, so wow. :roll_eyes:)

Again, mark my words: This is going to come back and bite F1 sooner or later.

Meanwhile, the Netflix producers have been walking around fully erect all day, Iā€™m sure. :smiley:

3 Likes
2 Likes