The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

BBC reporting, so there is highly likely to be some truth to the story. (That said, it is Adrew Benson, so apply a tiny pinch of salt to be safe.)

1 Like

Hulk to Sauber in 2025ā€¦

https://www.sauber-group.com/shots/nico-huelkenberg-to-compete-for-stake-f1-team-kick-sauber-from-2025-onwards

so who is losing their job? I somehow think Bottas will retire.

1 Like

Heā€™s at least getting something out of the car. Zhou hasnā€™t really improved much. And with Audiā€™s money they wonā€™t be as reliant on the Chinese sponsorship Zhou brings.

Not knocking Zhou, he seems a nice guy, just not getting the results.

1 Like

I agree with @DarthMol - of the two VB is the better long term beat. I am still convinced that Carlos Sainz will be the #1 Audi driver, either joining Hulk next year or in 2026. (And I still dream of seeing Seb joining Audi on the pitwall as some sort of ā€œconsultantā€ and then Team Principal in a few years time.)

If he does join Sauber from 2025, then Iā€™m thinking maybe Zhou to Williams (they wouldnā€™t mind the Chinese coin, I reckon) and (long shot) maybe VB to fill his old Merc seat for one a year, while they ease Antonelli into the team? If Merc do put a rookie into the seat, then maybe VB to one of the Alpine seats - both of the Frenchies are at risk of losing their seat.

My thinking if Sainz gets a ā€œHey Ferrari! Look what you lost!ā€ seat at either Merc or Red Bull on a one year deal and doesnā€™t go to Sauber/Audi from 2025: *

• Sainz > Merc to replace Hamilton
  • Hulk > Sauber to replace Zhou
  • Zhou > Williams to replace Sargeant (who returns with Andretti Racing when they join the grid?)
  • Bottas > stays Sauber and then in 2026 either goes to Alpine, retires, or maybe even joins Andretti too?

This gives Merc the chance to the ease Antonelli into the team slower as a Reserve Driver for 2025, to go into the seat in 2026, when Sainz goes to Audi and VB does one of the above things.

* I would love to see Carlos take Lewisā€™ seat and drive that Merc it like he stole it for 2025, beating LH at every event.

1 Like

I agree with @GregRedd, and by inference @DarthMol. As much as the rumours are pointing that way, I simply donā€™t see Merc putting a rookie in one of their cars. They also have Schumacher as a reserve already, so I donā€™t quite see the logic of putting Antonelli into a leading F1 car straight from F3.

I think their smart move would be to make Carlos an offer, so that he brings his smooth operation as well as a treasure trove of all Ferrariā€™s secret to the Silver Arrow stable.

The same holds for Stake F1 Audiwerke AG Team Kick Sauber. Getting a driver like Sainz early in their journey would make a big difference; for the same argument Iā€™d be targeting Bottas as a second option if I were the team principal.

Williams has a strong relationship with Merc, especially when it comes to developing young talent - See Bottas and Russel as examples. With James at the helm, I think this is even more true than ever. Iā€™m thinking Antonelli might take Sargeantā€™s seat, with a hefty paycheck from Toto to pay for his room and board and extramural activities.

Yes! Yesyesyes yes!

1 Like

lol as much as I donā€™t want Sainz in a Merc coz I still like him even if he doesnā€™t drive for Ferrari, Iā€™d much rather like that idea yes.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

//// :joy:

CLs Miami helmet. I swear, if the livery turns out to be just red with blue accent lines and numbers, Iā€™m going round to the local luxury car dealership and slapping the Ferrari rep. It needs to look like the top of Charlesā€™ helmet - the two tone blues and a swap the Monaco colours for Italian in the stripe.

I love that he carries tributes to his dad and to Jules on his helmets.

2 Likes

VB out here doing side queats

6 Likes

What a good bloke VB is. It looks like heā€™s had a really good time in SA.

1 Like

Man is literally living his best lifeā€¦ Saw all the pics heā€™s been posting and yeah definitely looks like it. Lekke braai also :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Love it, always see JB17. Was wondering now where is his dad that you talking about, didnā€™t realise he has both their dates at the back

2 Likes

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/neweys-red-bull-f1-departure-set-to-be-imminent/10605069/

Speaking of Mia I, blue accents confirmed @GregRedd

How much weā€™re not sure yet, but this tells me it will be mostly red still
I rate, halo, wing and maybe bits on the engine cover.

2 Likes

Not sure how well that would work, but I guess weā€™ll see

Guess weā€™ll have to wait till perhaps tomorrow.

Itā€™s official.

2 Likes

Mmm 2025ā€¦ Audi maybe?

1 Like

Called it

1 Like