The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Rock and a hard place for Ferrari right now, ~40 points to make up in 6 races. Either they start going hard and hope to secure 1-2’s for the remainder of the race or they must just accept that #2 position for this season is the best they can do. Seb taking the drivers championship is now just a mathematical possibility.

Vettel has to win every single race from here on. Even then, if Hamilton comes 2nd every single race with Vettel winning, Vettel will only win the WDC with 2 points. It is not looking good for Vettel at all.

But Ferrari is their own worst enemy. They constantly misread the information, have bad strategy, or have drivers that make constant mistakes. Ferrari has theoretically the car, but they do not have the team, strategy or drivers to win races. Say what you want, Vettel has not looked like a WDC in many races, and more often than not he makes stupid mistakes.

Perez had an absolutely nightmare of a race. First he hit his own team mate into the wall, then looses his cool with Sirokin and just hits him for no reason. Again, at this level you cannot have your emotions influence your driving like that, even if Sirokin was driving like an asshole.

Ocon is another one that I have beef with. Why is the paddock sucking up to him so much? Toto Wolf had this whole tirade about losing him as a driver is a shame and that he will take care of him. Honestly Ocon has not shown really he is as capable as everyone is making out he is. Why he tried to go around his team mate in a corner that had no space I don’t know.

Hamilton is literally the only driver at the moment that is cool, calm, focused and fast. He looks like a WDC. That lap in Q3 was mesmerizing! Where he got the pace I don’t know, but it’s a sign of a driver at the peak of his abilities driving near perfectly. There is no way Vettel will win WDC with Lewis driving like this.

Then, the GP was okay. I’m not that against Singapore as a track like the rest of the comments, albeit Sunday’s race was a snorefest. But that was more tire related than the track. I have a much bigger issue with the Russian GP. You think Singapore was boring, wait until the Russian GP. That track has zero tire deg.

2 Likes

I somehow think the Ocon thing is people highlighting the fact Stroll has pushed him out, but cannot say it.

Hamilton is slowly gaining my respect. I dont like his arrogance, but I like his driving. Surgical precision

1 Like

I have a grudging respect for lewis’s racing, as a person not so much.

Vettel lost the championship between his own mistakes - which he has owned up to publicly and ferrari who are making a hash of their strategy - it feels like they have totally lost the plot now. It is scary, Mclaren started out the same way a few years back, the strategy went to hell, the drivers made mistakes and the car is a piece of shyte.

Yeah, as a driver Hamilton is amazing. “Brand Hamilton” is annoying in a Kardashian way annoying, the only way “Brand Hamilton” could get more annoying would be if he starts dating or knocking up a Kardashian

2 Likes

Havent you heard!! Almost as bad as a Kardashian - Niki Minaj is supposedly his new gf

no no, that’s for Lewis Hamilton the NASCAR driver…

2 Likes

Sorry I did forget about him!

Reality check time for Ferrari:

3 Likes

Well…if your team mate or “support team” accidentally pushes some british driver in a german car into a wall a couple of times over the next few races

1 Like

The Autosport analysts were saying the same thing. Unless disaster befalls Hammy, it’s game over for Vettel.

1 Like

Even Vettel knows it over. But he is being good about it. He knows he made mistakes and Ferrari threw it all away.

2 Likes

Deliberate crashes affecting the outcome of a championship, if proven to be such, will result in someone getting banned for life. You think anyone would be willing to risk their careers in that way?

1 Like

That is if found guilty, and even then (as the 2008 Renault incident proved) a lifetime ban is unlikely. Some say deliberate, others say “racing incident”. Either way it’s not good sportsmanship, and it remains a mathematical possibility for Vettel to win, however unlikely.

2 Likes

All I can hope for is some DNF’s from lewis but even that is not a viable hope - I dont wish for accidents all the time, I rather see a DNF

1 Like

If something like this should happen, the only opinion that matters will be that of the judge at the hearing. I think Crashgate woke people up to the possibility of collusion in affecting race outcomes. Had that incident had a greater bearing on the championship, the penalties may have been harsher. As it is, Piquet Jr was finished in F1 after that.

1 Like

If Hamilton has a DNF for whatever reason you can be damn sure the #LH44 zealots will be screaming conspiracy and Ferrari collusion somehow. Hell, if he gets served a dodgy borscht in Sochi and gets a bit of a tummy ache they’ll be saying Ferrari bribed the restaurant to poison him.

1 Like

not all is lost. Vettel wins 1 race and hammy has a vehichle failure its 25 point closer. i would like to see it come down to the last race and then vestappen and riccardo take a 1 2 just to piss people off

3 Likes

True. Let’s hope for the sake of interest that the finish is closer than how it currently appears to be headed.

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/sauberf1team/videos/1672037216240882/

1 Like