The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Eish. That’s a tad unfair. When last did McLaren show up late for a test or with an unfinished car? Bad or unreliable car maybe…

Truth is, McLaren have still got a lot of money behind them since the bigger organization has plenty of other business besides F1. Williams are the last true privateer F1 team in the sense that they do nothing except this. They are very limited wrt resources and it is starting to show.

2 Likes

In the meantime, Red Bull have revealed their regular colours for the new season. The car will probably still test in the one-off livery though.

2 Likes

First official “action” from Barcelona

Haas launch the Haas VF19:

Closely followed by the official unveiling of the Alfa Romeo Sauber Racing C38:

1 Like

I know I have to take a swipe at them :stuck_out_tongue: The sad part is I take a swipe is because I am still a fan just one that has no faith in them :smiley:
And Redbull needs to go jump = their test livery is so much nicer!

The Alfa looks almost exactly the same as last year. Livery-wise, I mean. The car is quite interesting.

2 Likes

Yip, very similar look, but visually flow is a little nicer imo. Here’s some studio shots:

2 Likes

And Kimi looking dapper in his new race suit, and as unimpressed with the media as ever :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:smile: He hasn’t even woken up yet, judging from that expression.

1 Like

And as if to emphasize just how bored he is, Kimi brings out the first red flag of the season as he goes off on Turn 5 of his first lap and beaches the Alfa in the gravel trap:

2 Likes

Leave him alone, Greg, he knows what he’s doing…

3 Likes

The Macca looks pretty good out in the real world!

2 Likes

This year I’ll be shouting for Renault, hoping that they will beat Red Bull. It will make me so happy if that happens.

3 Likes

Unlikely, I think; the only way this would happen is if the Honda engine is another hand grenade.

2 Likes

Holding thumbs!

I will keep supporting McLaren until they leave Formula 1. Yes their car sucks, as does their driver lineup.

1 Like

Its not just the car and the driver lineup - its their whole bloody management team - I want to smack the lot of them.

1 Like

are they streaming this? Or twitter?

Twitter #F1Testing and Autosport.com mostly.

F1.com official site also has a live blog going, and a promised live feed of the timing screen on their YT channel (but it hasn’t appeared on screen yet).

There is allegedly live streaming on F1TV all day and SkyF1 in the afternoons, but neither of those options available to us here.

1 Like

Oh yeah, something is definitely wrong at McLaren. Things went sideways after they ended the engine deal with Mercedes. I was super excited when they announced that they were using Honda engines again. Now they’re on Renault and last year was not a total disaster. But I don’t have faith in Lando Norris (but we’d have to see if he can do anything significant with the car) and then there is baby Sainz. How Carlos Sainz got into F1 is a mystery to me, yes his father is the legendary rally driver, but junior has not quite made a significant mark in the world of motor racing.

They need to pull out another Lewis Hamilton from their Young Drivers program and figure out how to get that Renault engine to be competitive.

2 Likes

The Macca sounds nice out the pits at least…

2 Likes