The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Fitting that you made post number 1500 on the thread. :slight_smile:

Very much looking forward to today’s running. I wonder if the young guns will get racy to try and impress the team, or rather toe the line and be ultra cautious. At this point, solid data is obviously better than quick laptimes.

2 Likes

Leclerc is keen to go driving:

But yeah, Testing is definitely the time for them to toe the team line, and to focus on getting familiar with their new workspace. And with only one car allowed during testing, they can’t afford to upset things playing silly buggers and showing off.

2 Likes

Sky Sports already hopping on the HamVan:

The sycophantic butt licking is nauseating. “Brexit could affect Hamilton’s chance at winning a sixth title.” Seriously? How?

3 Likes

Brexit will also be blamed later this year if an English team doesn’t win the Champion’s League, and for England’s potential exit from the rugby and cricket World Cups. It’s a funny old world.

2 Likes

10h00: Pit lane opens
10h01: Albon beaches the Toro Rosso in the gravel :smiley:

2 Likes

Clearly he was the best man for the job

2 Likes

Grosjean was complaining (big shock, I know) about cold tyres yesterday; apparently PIrelli have reduced the temperature of rear tyre blankets from 100C to 80C. So one rookie driver plus two cold rear tyres plus a chilly Barcelona track surface equals one beached car at turn 4.

I love the team’s social media

1 Like

https://www.racefans.net/2019/02/19/teams-queries-prompt-new-fia-measures-to-enforce-fuel-limit/

1 Like

https://www.racefans.net/2019/02/18/lap-time-watch-2019-f1-testing-day-one/

2 Likes

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.f1-testing-what-the-data-tells-us-from-day-1.3BmLD8ytlMkk2kqvUfejNt.html
The total analysis - @DieGrootHammer this included graphs so please when you have a moment to relax look at these

3 Likes

Leclerc squirreling around on his first lap cold tyres:

Since then he has put in 35 laps and is into the 1:18s already, topping the time sheet at the moment.

2 Likes

Rear wing failure for Danny Ric’s Renault. Fortunately not too high speed at the time, so managed to avoid major accident, but still off in the corner (and a little damp around the groin area I’d imagine.)

2 Likes

And now a 1:18.247 from Leclerc, just a tenth off of Sebs fastest from yesterday. And on the same tyre.

3 Likes

Good thing the racing suit keeps all the brown stuff in

3 Likes

Good stuff. Looking forward to a good season from him. And hopefully giving Seb a hard time :smiley:

3 Likes

Times and lap count for the morning session.

1 Leclerc (Ferrari) 1m18.247s - 73 laps
2 Magnussen (Haas) 1m19.243s - 33 laps
3 Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo) 1m19.312s - 62 laps
4 Norris (McLaren) 1m19.489s - 53 laps
5 Gasly (Red Bull) 1m19.814s - 69 laps
6 Ricciardo (Renault) 1m19.886s - 28 laps
7 Hamilton (Mercedes) 1m19.928s - 74 laps
8 Albon (Toro Rosso) 1m20.046s - 61 laps
9 Stroll (Racing Point) 1m20.433s - 45 laps

2 Likes

Reliability has been nuts so far. Renault are already doing an afternoon race distance with Hulkenberg.
McLaren apparently also busy with a sim. Norris just did 20-plus laps, pitted, and went right back out again. Very encouraging. Last year this time they were making holes in the car to stop the Renault engine from burning the bodywork. No Honda powered car has yet broken down. Where is the drama??

3 Likes

I heard Kimi say “Ei draamaa? Pidä olutta” so I guess we’ll wait

2 Likes

Yeah, I spoke too soon. Gasly just put the Red Bull in the wall.