The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Yep and a Fittipaldi at the top of the charts for now

It tugs on the heart strings hey

2 Likes

Ja nogal, hey. Very cool to see.

1 Like

Hahahahah That Alfa logo! So good.

1 Like

Do you guys think they are going to let Vettel and le clerc compete or will they stick to Vettel being number 1?

2 Likes

Well from an article I read, Vettel is considering LeClerc a threat - I hope they let them race it out.

My gut tells me they will support the one who brings in the results

That is also what im hoping for. That they let the results decide. I hope le clerc comes out and thrashes vettel in quali and then to let them race. But Ferrari is a shady bunch. So you never know.

Here is your answer.

1 Like

I KNEW IT! I knew that little bastard threw a hissy fit.

Vettel is a four time world champion. Leclerc is in his second season of F1. Vettel’s tantrums or shortcomings aside, Leclerc does not have the experience of a sustained title fight. If he proves he can consistently beat Vettel and the opposition in a straight fight, the momentum within the team will shift naturally.

2 Likes

Yeah no I agree and I understand why its being done. I really just don’t like Vettel.

I just feel that le clerc is the future of Ferrari. At this point in time. And i wonder what it will do to his confidence if he is faster, but team orders prevent him from being in front. Will see how it all plays out.

1 Like

It’s a tricky situation, I agree. If it turns out that Leclerc is as fast or faster than Vettel, Ferrari will have to manage the situation very carefully. The last they need is to lose yet another championship where they look to have the fastest car ( maybe to soon to make that conclusion, but still).

See as much as I like Vettel, i also believe the team needs to work with the best driver, but that we won’t know till at least 2 or 3 races in.

Leclerk has a crap ton of promise. I like the kid, I just think he needs another year to mature even more - but ironically out of all the rookies and youngsters from last year he was the best of the rest.

1 Like

Kimi is the first to go under 1:18! The ex-Ferrari driver in the Ferrari powered Alfa. That Kimi.

1 Raikkonen Alfa Romeo 1m17.762s

2 Likes

And out of nowhere, Kimi does a 1:17.7. Would have been good enough for a top 10 grid slot at last year’s Spanish GP.

@GregRedd, you ninja.

3 Likes

In F1 related news
 that Netflix documentary that was being filmed at various races last year will be released on Friday, 08 March. It’s titled Formula1: Drive to Survive, and has 10 episodes in Season 1.

The Netflix show page is already available (online only, can’t find it in-app) for you to add it to your Watch List:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80204890

An official trailer is supposed to be released today as well, but regional Netflix users in Europe are already starting to see localised trailers.

(I say “Season 1” because the same crew and company who produced it have been seen filming in Barcelona at this weeks’ Test.)

4 Likes

As promised

4 Likes

Best eyes on the grid. No doubt about who that is :flushed: :rofl:

2 Likes