The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Ah, but we haven’t had a Mercedes blitzkrieg in Melbourne since 2016. Vettel has won the opener two years running.

2 Likes

Just like last years Melbourne race? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Naa, but last season was the Lewis Hamilton show; We’ll have to see what happens.

2 Likes
1 Like

Well maybe Lando should have dressed differently… He just beached the McLaren in the gravel, possibly due to slow reaction time from hypothermia setting in.

2 Likes

Ah. Mercedes have decided to put in some laptimes. Haminton does a 1:18.8 on the hard C2 compound.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The link is broken on my side. Will check again later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks fixed it

2 Likes

1:17.6 for Albon in the Toro Rosso. New fastest time of the test so far.

3 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

And now the Hulk does a 1:17.393 in the Renault. That’s pretty quick.

2 Likes

The sun sets on Testing Day 4 in Barcelona. Here’s the time sheet from the final day of the 1st Test Session for the 2019 season.

Hulk’s fastest lap came just a short while before his Renault stopped out on track, and was on the C5 tyres, the softest compound available. Also the fastest as the top 4 times show. Hulkenberg also only managed to put a mediocre 24 laps on the board. Mercedes made a point of shutting the “they don’t have pace” mutters down by putting both their drivers into the 1m17s range of top times, and did so with another combined 100+ lap day. The youngsters dominated the lap counts today, with 5 of them all touring around the 4.5km circuit over 130 times. Practice makes perfect, as they say.

Here are the day’s lap counts:
Giovinazzi - 154
Gasly - 146
Leclerc - 138
Albon - 136
Norris - 132
Stroll - 72
Grosjean - 64
Magnussen - 66
Hamilton - 58
Bottas - 57
Kubica - 48
Ricciardo - 34
Hulkenberg - 24
Russell - 17

It’s back to base for all the teams now, for a long weekend of data crunching and review before they return to Spain next week for the 2nd Test Session.

4 Likes

thanks for all the updates :smiley:

4 Likes

So I missed all the excitement of the livery launches as well as the first week of testing. Thank goodness for the post in this thread otherwise I would be so lost.

4 Likes

I follow this thread to keep up to date with F1. Thanks to everyone involved!

5 Likes

Autosport’s take on the first week of testing.

2 Likes

Im wondering if these rumors are true . . .

1 Like

I do the same :smiley: this thread is awesome

1 Like