The Official COVID-19 Meme/Joke Thread

Apocalypse journal - Day 9 (son, age 12)

It’s day 9. I did not go outside today. My grandparents have asked us for more toilet paper, but we said no. I’d like to survive, thank you. Anyway, the cake is delicious, though the frosting could be better. My dad has the news on all the gosh dang time and I’ve learned a few things. One of the senators has COVID-19. This is bad. If the government falls, we’re goners. That won’t happen for another month or two. Right?

Current status: Healthy. Yay! Toilet paper is still full stock, never mind the numerous attempts our neighbors have tried to steal it. I’ll write tomorrow.

(EDITOR’S NOTE: no attempts at stealing our toilet paper have been made. I may have taught a lesson in artistic license, however.

Apocalypse journal - Day 11 (son, age 12)

It’s day 11. It rained all day so I could not go outside. I continued my journey in the farting squid game, otherwise known as Subnautica. I made something called a Seamoth, which looks nothing like a moth. I then found a floating island and gathered resources there. I forgot to scan a few things so I have to go back. Anyway, I made Shake and Bake chicken. My mom did most of it but I helped. Apparently I am famous on Facebook. Honestly, my friends would never laugh at this but somehow adults do. I even made my dad laugh. That is an achievement.

Current Status: Healthy. Kinda going crazy. Toilet paper robbery attempts in total: 9. Also, Hi Facebook and maybe other social media! Bye for now.

(EDITORS NOTE: there have been no toilet paper robbery attempts. I suspect artistic license is getting out of hand.)

It’s day 12. Today, I saw my friend “swimming” in a giant bucket. I asked my mom for one but she repeatedly said no. I then proceeded to put a giant bucket on my wishlist, I will update you guys later. Anyway, in Subnautica, I went back to the island to scan the stuff to make a new base. I proceeded to make a base and planted melons in my base. Very exciting.

Current Status: Social Distancing from the sunlight. (if possible) Toilet paper raid are getting out of hand. It’ll eventually turn into WWIII: the Global Toiler Paper War. Bye for now.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Oooo, dark one, haha

4 Likes
4 Likes

7 Likes

Apocalypse journal - day 13 (son, age 12)

It’s day 13. I played with my friend Lyndee and we played Minecraft. I also regret to inform that the Toilet Paper raids did not happen. Yet. Anyway, we went to Chipotle and they were still open, which is crazy. The burrito was good, but they didn’t give us our chips. Very sad.

Current Status: Healthy. Toilet Paper stock still high. Bye now.

Apocalypse journal - Day 15 (son, age 12)

It’s day 15. I forgot to write yesterday, but long story short, in Subnautica, I explored a spaceship that exploded, I played Minecraft, didn’t do bucket because it was too cold, and I rode my bike.

Current Status: Healthy. Toilet paper stock is full. We’ve had to take multiple grocery runs recently so hopefully we are ok for another 2 weeks. Bye for now.

4 Likes

Thought it was funny even though I like Nickelback.

6 Likes

Yeah shame, it must be rough to be the band everyone loves to hate. Backstreet Boys is the same.

3 Likes

3 Likes

@czc @SIGSTART yeah I’m also a fan, but I do still enjoy the jokes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Really?

5 Likes

Can’t believe this kak either. And it’s spreading - know of at least 3 people here in SA that have started feeding into this nonsense in the last week.

I think it’s all the anti-vaxers struggling to come to terms with the fact that a virus that doesn’t have a vaccine is busy decimating the planet right now.

3 Likes

I have 2 friends who also wants to go break the towers down. Nothing is changing their minds

3 Likes

3 Likes

No ways, this cannot be real, surely…

3 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes