The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Had netflix about 4 years ago and it was extremely underwhelming. Got it now again and MUCH more content. Binged watched and finished 4 seasons in a month of Schitt’s Creek. AMAZING!!!

What other series do you guys recommend?

3 Likes

Ya their library has grown substantially and a lot of the Netflix Originals are great.

If you like sci-fi: The Expanse, Star Trek Discovery (S2 has started coming out, so plenty of time to watch S1), Stranger Things

For Comedy The IT Crowd is good fun, Brooklyn Nine Nine, add some classic Monty Python if you enjoy that kind of humour

First things first.
Star Trek is fake, not sure why people watch it.

Waiting for Stranger Things Season 3, can’t wait!

Finished IT Crowd and Brooklyn nine nine as well. Watching That 70s show for the 100th time as well now.

Haha, I’m more of a Star Wars fan than trekkie but I will admit that I quite enjoyed Discovery.

There’s also a fair amount of Anime on Netflix if you are interested in that.

Plenty of standup comedy on offer too, just pick the comedians you enjoy watching.

1 Like

This just popped up in my thread just for you @Flex. It tells you how long it will take to binge watch a show.

http://tiii.me/

1 Like

Days of our lives :

26 days

10 hours

59 minutes

2 Likes

Lol. The first thing that came to mind for me to test was Buffy. 4 days or something

1 Like

Rookie!

WHY 10 CHARS DAMIT!!

2 Likes

In preparation for the release of The Expanse Season 4 on Amazon Prime…

Amazon has acquired worldwide subscription-streaming rights to the first three seasons of “The Expanse,” the space thriller that originally aired on Syfy, leading up to Prime Video’s debut of season 4 later in 2019.

Seasons 1-2 of “The Expanse” are currently available in the U.S. on Prime Video. All three seasons, comprising 36 episodes in all, will become available on the service in over 200 countries and territories starting Feb. 8.

It is really an interesting phenomenon that these people have not yet grasped:

1. Series piracy is high world wide
  2. Netflix comes out: series piracy drops a lot
  3. Every other publishing company puts their series behind yet another streaming service, piracy goes up

Have they not yet learned that it is not so much the cost as the ease of access that drives piracy? Now you have to switch between x amount of apps to watch what you want to watch.

People will find it easier again to just download the series they want and watch it.

5 Likes

Pretty soon someone is going to create a streaming aggregator service and charge you for it. So you’ll pay $5 for Streamgator + $xx for each streaming service you subscribe to.

2 Likes

Maybe you should do it

Who has The Boys on their radar? Looks pretty awesome - I hadn’t even heard of it before today.

1 Like

Coming to Netflix next week (15th): The Umbrella Academy

The show is set in an alternate reality where JFK was never assassinated, and centres around 7 orphans (43 who were mysteriously born on the same day to mothers who had shown no signs of pregnancy in the days prior) with different superpowers who reunite after years apart to solve the mystery of their foster father’s death.

It is based on a series of comics written for Dark Horse by My Chemical Romance lead singer Gerard Way.

1 Like

This is 100% what iv always said… Give me a paid for streaming service that does what Popcorn time does, and I will gladly pay for it…

1 Like

Do you use PT with a VPN? Or are the constant warnings more scaremongering to push sales of their VPN service? If you do, what VPN?

Forgot to mention a slightly older series that I’ve had for a while and only recently got round to watch… The Night Manager.

Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie. Based on a Jon LeCarré novel. BBC production. 6 hour long episodes. 8.2 on IMDB. Damn good. If you haven’t seen it and can find it, you won’t be disappointed.

I rate it 8.5 Creepy Hugh Laurie Stares/10

1 Like

Iv never used a VPN, but have thought about it to be honest… But i havent had any issues thus far… And iv been using it for years…

2 Likes

I CANNOT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT

I’ve been watching Star Trek Discovery season 2. So far it’s much MUCH better than the first season. I almost didn’t watch this second season because I didn’t like the first.

I’m so glad that they are doing Star Trek properly again.

4 Likes