The Official TV & TV Series Thread

I watched the first episode of TLoU. Kind of surreal how close some of it is to the game. Quality start.

1 Like

I SAW THAT!

I cannot wait! The cliffhanger from this season was too much for me, the whole of season 6 was unique. Still upset that these guys don’t get nominated, cos holy crap, AJ Buckley as Sonny was beyond this season. He stole the show for me.

TLOU - watched it, and enjoyed it. Never played the games just watched bits while Nima played. So no expectations beyond that is it good and entertaining.

2 Likes

I see that a new season of The Sinner has dropped. I loved the previous 3 seasons. A unique vibe to the detective, murder mystery genre.

2 Likes

Shrinking

Apple TV+ | 27 January

A grieving therapist starts to tell his clients exactly what he thinks. Ignoring his training and ethics, he finds himself making huge changes to people’s lives - including his own.

Stars Jason Segel, Harrison Ford, Jessica Williams.

Streams on Apple TV+ from 27 January.

Watch Shrinking | Apple TV+ (ZA)
Shrinking - Rotten Tomatoes
Shrinking (TV Series 2023– ) - IMDb

1 Like

Hello Tomorrow

Apple TV+ | 17 February

What if the life you’ve always dreamed of was just one great deal away? In a retro-futuristic world, charismatic salesman Jack Billings leads a team of fellow sales associates determined to revitalize their customers’ lives by hawking timeshares on the moon.

Stars Billy Crudup, Will Fitz, Haneefah Wood, Hank Azaria.

10-episode Season 1 streams on Apple TV+ from 17 February.

Watch Hello Tomorrow! | Apple TV+ (ZA)
Hello Tomorrow! - Rotten Tomatoes
Hello Tomorrow! (TV Series 2023– ) - IMDb

1 Like

I’m just going to say it: The Last of Us is hands down the greatest game-to-screen adaptation ever made.

Just three (of nine?) episodes in and I’m calling it: A near clean sweep of all the Primetime Emmy Awards across all of the Drama categories, and a raft of technical awards as well.

It’s so, so good. And just been confirmed for a second season too.

2 Likes

I’m torn because I’m not sure if I want to experience the story first by playing the game when it releases on PC or watch the show.

I’m leaning towards the game first.

2 Likes

Really don’t like zombie anything, never played the game. Loving the series, so yes. Very good.

2 Likes

I wrote a fairly long post in response, then realised I basically already said that here!

The only thing I’d add is that TLoU is a 10 year old game, and some things felt very dated when I tried replaying it. I’m not sure if the remaster tries to improve on that or not. Still worth experiencing imo.

2 Likes

TLoU has the original PS3 edition, an enhanced PS4 edition, and is being totally remade in the TLoU Part 2 engine, and is called The Last of Us Part 1. It is also coming to PC :wink:

3 Likes

And now its on my wishlist

1 Like

I am enjoying this as well. Really good, based on a book series by Karin Slaughter - which I started reading years ago. I am not comparing the books to the show, I am just enjoying the show.

1 Like

I watched episode 3 of TLoU. Magnificent. I like how the TV series is creatively exploring the story differently from the game. Top notch show!

2 Likes

Cant Agree more, and yet you will still get fools thats gonna cry about it not being exact as the source material.

Pedro Pascal nails it as joe (such an underated actor)

3 Likes

I disagree. Everyone rates him highly!

Apart from the Equaliser 2… yikes… no actor could save that movie!

As for episode 3, it works because of this guy taking a huge risk!

4 Likes

I beg to differ…

3 Likes

I concede. In my defence though, I made my claim before yesterday’s episode of SNL aired. This masterpiece was not a known known at the time. It is now. And you are now correct in your begging of differs.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Extrapolations

Apple TV+ | 17 March

Extrapolations is a bracing drama from writer, director and executive producer Scott Z. Burns that introduces a near future where the chaotic effects of climate change have become embedded into our everyday lives. Eight interwoven stories about love, work, faith and family from across the globe will explore the intimate, life-altering choices that must be made when the planet is changing faster than the population. Every story is different, but the fight for our future is universal. And when the fate of humanity is up against a ticking clock, the battle between courage and complacency has never been more urgent. Are we brave enough to become the solution to our own undoing before it’s too late?

The series stars Meryl Streep, Sienna Miller, Kit Harington, Daveed Diggs, Edward Norton, Diane Lane, Tahar Rahim, Yara Shahidi, Matthew Rhys, Gemma Chan, David Schwimmer, Adarsh Gourav, Keri Russell, Marion Cotillard, Forest Whitaker, Eiza González, Murray Bartlett, Indira Varma, Tobey Maguire, MaameYaa Boafo, Hari Nef, Heather Graham, Michael Gandolfini, Cherry Jones, Gaz Choudhry, Ben Harper, Judd Hirsch and Neska Rose.

2 Likes

Waco: American Apocalypse

Netflix | 22 March

This immersive three-part Netflix documentary series is the definitive account of what happened in Waco, Texas in 1993 when cult leader David Koresh faced off against the federal government in a bloody 51-day siege. Released to coincide with the 30th anniversary of this national tragedy, the series is directed by acclaimed filmmaker Tiller Russell (Night Stalker) and features exclusive access to recently unearthed videotapes filmed inside the FBI’s Hostage Negotiation Command Post, as well as raw news footage never released to the American public, and FBI wiretap recordings.

A Netflix Documentary Series, Waco: American Apocalypse is only on Netflix March 22nd.

1 Like