The Official Xbox Thread

While it might not be the best specials in the world, it is two very new AAA titles that are reduced in price if you are interested in them:

Madden NFL 19 - R649

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - R801

1 Like

And the Orange Box is getting The Xbox One X enhanced treatment, Full Native 4K Suppport wooooooooooooooot, since im almost done with half life 2 on the 360 im gonna play episode 1 and 2 on the One X, since i have no intention to start half life 2 over again

2 Likes

KB, mouse support is very exciting. My dream is for the XB1 to also have the MS Office suite available.
Then its a nice simple all in one kickass gaming PC.

Ahead of the company’s X018 show on Saturday, (mentioned earlier in this thread) Microsoft has made Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) free to download and keep on Xbox One today. The software giant notes that the full 1.0 release of PUBG for Xbox is “free for a limited time,” and you can download the game free immediately from the Microsoft Store.

Microsoft also appears to be making Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 free for a limited time, a move that is likely linked to its XO18 show this weekend. You can download Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 free from the Microsoft Store right now, though.

2 Likes

Does anyone know of a way to see my XBox games library outside of the console itself? The XBox app on my PC only shows me the games installed on the PC - State of Decay and Horizon. But how can I quickly check if I have a game on XBox before I go and buy a duplicate copy of it on Steam?

I did a search for pubg on the xbox app on my phone and triggered it to install on my xbox.

I assume this adds it to the library as I never purchased it previously

1 Like

So this weekend is Microsoft’s XO10 event in Mexico. MS has promised a lot of exciting new information about games and services. Here are some of the confirmed and potential information:

Confirmed:

:heavy_check_mark: The Division 2
:heavy_check_mark: Crackdown 3
:heavy_check_mark: Kingdom Hearts 3
:heavy_check_mark: Ori and The Will of The Wisps
:heavy_check_mark: Game Pass Surprises (more than a dozen game announcements)
:heavy_check_mark: Shadow of The Tomb Raider Update
:heavy_check_mark: State of Decay 2 Update
:heavy_check_mark: Sea of Thieves Update
:heavy_check_mark: Mouse & Keyboard Games

Likely but not confirmed:

:o: Forza Horizon 4 Update
:o: Original Xbox BC Update
:o: Battletoads First-Look
:o: One studio acquisition
:o: One Ninja Theory project
:o: Something Gears related
:o: Sunset Overdrive

Not there:

:x: Playground Games 2nd Project
:x: Halo: Infinite

2 Likes

The X018 FanFest celebration on the weekend is starting to sound more and more interesting.

From Major Nelsons’ blog:

** Celebrate X018 With Inside Xbox At FanFest: Mexico City On November 10**

Inside Xbox: Live from X018 presents a special two-hour show Saturday, November 10 at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT on Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.

We’ll be celebrating an incredible holiday season for gamers with our biggest episode of Inside Xbox yet, including news, interviews, great deals, and much more. Guests include Head of Xbox Phil Spencer, Head of Microsoft Studios Matt Booty, Minecraft Studio Head Helen Chiang and many, many more.

Tune in for games including Crackdown 3, Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4 and of course, we’ll have a surprise or two as well.

Xbox Game Pass
Will we have Xbox Game Pass news? Do we ever! We’ll be making over a dozen game announcements for Xbox Game Pass.

MixPot!
Do you like free stuff as much as we like free stuff? If you watch this special X018 episode of Inside Xbox on Mixer and you’re logged into your Microsoft account, you’ll receive in-game items for Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4! Remember, to be eligible all you need to do is watch the show live at Mixer.com/Xbox on any Xbox, PC or mobile device while logged into your Microsoft account.

Of course, we’ve got a couple big surprises up our sleeves, so make sure you don’t miss a minute!

4PM EST is 11PM here.

2 Likes

Lol. Snap.

1 Like

Also, not sure what to make of this winking emoji Tweet response by Humble Bundle to one of the XBox announcements:

Could one of the “big surprises” be XBox bundles on Humble I wonder? They’ve been doing occasional ones for PS so it’s not completely impossible.

1 Like

Another possible “special announcement” coming this weekend? Sunset Overdrive (Win10/PC) version as a Play Anywhere title on Game Pass would be very welcome.

1 Like

First confirmation of 4 of the titles fans will get to play at X018:

Crackdown 3, Devil May Cry 5, Jump Force, Kingdom Hearts

1 Like

Decent summary of all the X018 announcements here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/X018

1 Like

Whats new in the XBox One world?

3 Likes

Funny you should ask… :slight_smile:

Couple of interesting additions to XBox Game Pass in the last few days.

2 Likes

Seriously, the more I look into it, the better XBox Game Pass gets. Found 3 more new release games coming to the XBGP in the next few days:

Ashen (Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced) – Available starting Dec. 7, Ashen is an open world co-op action RPG about a wanderer in search of a place to call home. As you adventure through the realm of Ashen, you’ll occasionally encounter other players in a passive, co-operative multiplayer open world. It’s up to you to decide how to deal with them – fight together against evil, invite them into your party or simply ignore them.

Kingdom Two Crowns (Xbox Game Pass) – Available on Dec. 11, in Kingdom Two Crowns , players must work in the brand-new solo or co-op campaign mode to build their kingdom and secure it from the threat of the Greed. Experience new technology, units, enemies, mounts, and secrets in the next evolution of the award-winning micro strategy franchise!

Below (Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced) – Available starting Dec. 14, Below is a procedural terrarium filled with life, mystery and death. Test your adventurer mettle against The Isle’s procedural subterranean labyrinths. Explore a large, interconnected underworld crawling with cunning wildlife, deadly traps and stalked by a shadowy presence. Survive the perils of The Depths and unearth what lies below… or die trying.

And also don’t forget this most excellent news from the X018 show a while ago:

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (Xbox Game Pass) – Available on Dec. 17, From the makers of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and DmC: Devil May Cry, comes a warrior’s brutal journey into myth and madness. Set in the Viking age, a broken Celtic warrior embarks on a haunting vision quest into Viking Hell to fight for the soul of her dead lover. Created in collaboration with neuroscientists and people who experience psychosis, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will pull you deep into Senua’s mind.

1 Like

Oh man! Finally! And I can’t believe it’s going to be on Game Pass! I’ve been waiting for Below for so long. It looks amazing.

2 Likes

Hmm I wonder if those Game Pass titles will be play anywhere ones

1 Like

I think of these new ones, only Ashen was marked as Play Anywhere. Sadly, that too changed when Ashen was revealed as one of the new Epic Games Store games. The post about it on Windows Central has since been updated though:

Updated December 7, 2018: Since writing this article, Microsoft’s official Xbox Play Anywhere list has been updated to remove Ashen completely.

Updated December 8, 2018: Aurora44 put out a blog post to state that Ashen is indeed coming to the Windows 10 Microsoft Store and “other platforms” (presumably Steam) in the future, with Annapurna confirming that it’s also coming to Xbox Play Anywhere. It looks as though at least for the time being, it will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for PC.

Source: https://www.windowscentral.com/has-ashen-ditched-xbox-play-anywhere-and-steam-epic-games-exclusivity

Personally, as MS continue on their unified system approach to Windows & XBox and all things inbetween, I believe we’ll gradually start seeing more and more XBox releases that are Play Anywhere enabled. But for the time being, best I can find is this list of Play Anywhere titles that shows about a dozen games with the “Game Pass” tag. (How up-to-date and accurate it is, I’m not sure - for e.g. I don’t see Forza Horizon 4 on there.)

Spotted another new addition to Game Pass this morning:
Capture

Also, for those who haven’t tried it, or who are between subscriptions at the moment, the XBox Holiday Special for Game Pass is still on for another month or so - perfect opportunity to try the system out:

Capture2

If you have it available, do the 14-day free trial and then do the 1 month deal - that way you’ll get 6 weeks of Game Pass for R5 which should easily keep you entertained over the holidays :slight_smile: