The Official Xbox Thread

I’m also starting to wonder if it’s worthwhile having XBox Live Gold. I don’t really play multiplayer games and the games we’ve been getting with Games with Gold have been rubbish.

1 Like

thats the big issue i have, and then you also cant play the games when you live expires, which is technically the same as game pass, which is the more enticing subscription at the moment because you get the latest games and a massive variety.

yes with gold you get to keep your 360 and OG games but the majority of 360 games they give away i already own on 1 platform or the other.

1 Like

I can perfectly understand why Gold might not bring in any value to you if you are not playing online. At the moment I am still playing Apex Legends, Project Cars 2, F1 2018, Forza 7 and Horizon 4 online so I want to still keep my sub active for all that. It has been a while though that I actually played any of the games I got via GwG. Most games I play I get from Game Pass.

Just Cause 4 is now apparently available via Game Pass

2 Likes

That’s very interesting. It’s a fairly recent release - early December 2018, is still being sold at full price - R999, and JC3 was also a fairly recent addition to, and is still on, Game Pass. It didn’t review very well at all from what I can see (70% on Metacritic). Maybe not selling very well and Square Enix trying to maybe hook a couple of add-on and DLC sales?

2 Likes

Bought star wars battlefront 2 for R82 last night, quite a steal considering it was selling for over a R1000 a year ago

2 Likes

Sheesh that’s pretty crazy @DohcWP

i think @DieGrootHammer bought it at launch and it was at that price

and thats why i dont buy games at launch anymore

2 Likes

Since it has been officially confirmed that there will be no forza title for 2019 and turn 10 claiming they are basically working towards improving forza 7 i suspect that they are most likely working on the next gen forza for 2020, however i wonder if a current gen version is also on the cards since the One X is not even 3 years on the market yet.

Crackdown 2 is free for a limited time today

2 Likes

Trying to create some publicity for the doomed-to-fail Crackdown 3, I suppose?

I think that’s a tad harsh. Crackdown 3 does what you expect it to do. Its a fun frolic that does not overstay its welcome.

1 Like

Take anything that @Hiro says with a pinch of salt. He didn’t like Red Dead Redemption 2 or the latest Zelda. And he likes Anthem and Fallout 76.

1 Like

But is it… whimsical?

2 Likes

Can confirm. He also doesn’t like TBOI, but loves [insert shitty game title here]

1 Like

RDR2 is not a game. its a “Wild West Sim”. and its boring as fek.

Zelda, is the most overhyped piece of whimsical bollox I have ever played

Anthem is great fun, even though it has massive issues. But who doesn’t want to fell like Ironman ??

Fallout 76…is a dud. I will give you that one :frowning:

1 Like

TBOI is donkey slow and cumbersome. Enter The Gungeon is an infinitely better game

That’s because you only played it for 30min

So? The first 30 min stint is going to be the same as the 500th 30 min stint. did the developers know that technology has advanced to the point where you can aim in more than 4 directions ?

Haha we are just pulling your leg @Hiro. :smiley:

1 Like