The Official Xbox Thread

Takealot email:

:cry:

That sucks so much DohcWP.

so after sending an email to say that the xbox will be delivered a week later, takealot send another email afterwardsv asking me to rate their service :roll_eyes:

Damn Banana republic :banana:

1 Like

Some good news @DohcWP!

Plus I have some insider news that we are possibly getting the Scorpio edition with this first batch! Not entirely sure if accurate though.

Iā€™ll believe them when i get a delivery confirmation.

the scorpio editions seems to have a failure rate if you look on youtube, thermal paste issue, probably because it was the first run of consoles

Balls, donā€™t go and say that now. Maybe this is a new batch of Scorpio consoles especially for South Africa. Yes thatā€™s it. :grin:

Every launch of every console ever will always have a bunch of YouTube videos about ā€œqualityā€ issues. It doesnā€™t mean there is actually an issue. At the moment the console that are giving issues are probably such a small percentage of the release numbers that the odds are way in our favour that it wonā€™t happen to us.

Spot on. Plus some more characters.

I can now confirm that itā€™s only Bt Games pre-orders that will have the Scorpio Edition. :cry:

So I received an email this morning that confirms that my pre-order is the Scorpio Edition!! YAY!!

Awesome stuff!

takealot sent a message today that i am getting my console on the 27th and not the 22nd.

That sucks so much. Iā€™m sorry to hear that Dohc. Arenā€™t you in the Cape? I heard that you can go collect them on Friday.

thats probably my only option. Iā€™ll see what i can achieve over the phone tomorrow with mr D.

I hope you come right!

Sooo my initial thoughts!

1. Itā€™s much smaller than the original XBox One but much heavier!
  2. Itā€™s dead quiet.
  3. You can set thing up while it updates via your phone.
  4. It automatically remembered my settings from my old XBox.
  5. Getting it to work with 4K and HDR was a breeze.
  6. Copying the games over took a while but was easy too.
  7. Forza 7 is so smooth it made me feel weird. It looks great and the 4k makes everything so crisp! However from what Iā€™ve seen Gran Turismo Sport is a more beautiful game. Iā€™d like to hear @DieGrootHammerā€™s opinion after he played both.
  8. You donā€™t get PUBG free with the console however thereā€™s a chance that youā€™ll be able to get it via MS support. I was lucky, others were not. Their support is excellent!
  9. You get a 1 month Game Pass and 14 day XBox Live Gold vouchers.

Iā€™m very happy that I got it and I look forward to a lot of gaming this holiday. :grinning:

DF made a great video showing the differences

You donā€™t get PUBG free with the console however thereā€™s a chance that youā€™ll be able to get it via MS support. I was lucky, others were not. Their support is excellent!

how did you do that ?

I told them I didnā€™t receive the game with my console. They told me to speak to the retailer. But we chatted a bit and the support person gave the game to me because Iā€™ve been such a good supporter of MS and their games. So it was pretty cool. :slight_smile: