The Steam Awards 2020

It’s that time of year again to start nominating games for the Steam Awards and I am having a tough time deciding on what to vote for as I didn’t play much this year. :thinking:

So far this what my nominations look like:

What have you guys & gals decided on?

6 Likes

I will check tonight. Hopefully.

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

I find it stupid that you can only nominate once per game. Like I wanted to nominate Hades for best game I suck at and best gameplay but you can’t.

4 Likes

Agreed, but I guess that’s how they ensure that there is a greater diversity of nominations.

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
Steam Award Nominee
Game of the Year Hades
VR Game of the Year Half-Life: Alyx
Labor of Love* Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Better with Friends Torchlight 3
Outstanding Visual Style Frog Fractions: Game of the Decade Edition
Most Innovative Gameplay Ghostrunner
Best Game You Suck At Bright Memory
Best Soundtrack Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Outstanding Story-Rich Game Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Sit Back and Relax Spiritfarer

* Warframe and GTA V are not eligible for the Steam Labor of Love Award as they have won it in previous years.

I really wanted to nominate Carto for one of these awards, but it is difficult to choose a game to leave off. Frog Fractions is a bit of a joke nomination so I could drop it from my list, but it’s just such a delicious, subversive game that I feel it deserves some GOTY recognition after all these years.

Ghostrunner could just as well be in the Best Game You Suck At category, but then there’d be nowhere to nominate Bright Memory.

There is no other contender for Best Soundtrack than Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (don’t @ me). The original Rebel Galaxy is single-handedly responsible for getting me into outlaw rock.

4 Likes

Its why warframe wasnt voted by myself this year jsut because of that issue…

I wont lie. A lot of mine is based on the opinions here. Since I haven’t played most of it

1 Like

Finally got something for each category.

6 Likes

The only real awards are the ones on MEW :wink:

3 Likes