Morning people of the palace

3 Likes

Mornin’ all

4 Likes

Geez

5 Likes

Great for debt, bad for savings.

4 Likes

100% as someone with a home loan and no income at the moment, this is a small relief

3 Likes

Superman, Star Citizen/Squadron 42, The Witcher, and now this… my man-crush grows even more.

3 Likes

Is Steam downloading/updating considered peer-to-peer?

1 Like

Not that I’ve ever seen. It’s always direct from one of their mirrors, based on your country selection.

4 Likes

I ask this because I would find out that our ISP is throttling us.
Or in their words “lower priority” aka throttling, so as to “accommodate” everyone :laughing:

“Sh!t ISPs Say”

1 Like

Ya, sounds like it. Especially if you select joburg to download from. When there’s slow international throughput, steam is what I usually boot to see what our local speeds are like. They’re usually crazy fast if everything is working right with the ISP.

Steam downloads happen over port 80 and/or 443, so it should get counted as web traffic, which should fall under “accommodating everyone”. Either they have a list of domains/IPs to throttle, or maybe they’ve got web traffic in a bucket. Do you find the first, say, 10MB or so of a download goes fast, then suddenly drops?

2 Likes

Maybe try another country in steam, like France or something…

1 Like

The problem with our ISP is, their often have BS excuses. so you’re never sure when they’re serious, or just being an ISP that has crappy service delivery.

1 Like

Morning you beautiful fuckers :mechanical_arm:

5 Likes

Hey guys and gals and gender saboteurs :joy::rofl:(heard that last one in a yt video)

6 Likes

At least it is updating. . .

Cool Ideas has been talked to 3 times today alread because they cannot take notes or follow direction.

Anyone have a contact for a person not a sheeple there?

2 Likes

5 Likes

So real!

3 Likes

I wish I had the PC equivalent of a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ.

Right now, it’s more like a … a… bicycle :laughing:

2 Likes

I know you avoid the MyBroadband forums, but you can try and get help there. Go and take a look in the Cool Ideas thread to see who to contact. I think it’s PBCool.

1 Like

I will see what happens after Nima speaks to them. I get the feeling that they are just going by numbers and the people who are helping have no clue, and they REALLY have wax in their ears.

1 Like