Uninterruptible Power Supply

Indeed should be good.

1 Like

The two main types of UPS operation are line-interactive and on-line. Line-interactive UPS systems are less expensive than on-line UPS system, but they also provide less protection than on-line UPS systems. Line-interactive UPS systems use automatic voltage regulation (AVR) to correct abnormal voltages without switching to battery. On-line UPS systems use a more precise method of voltage regulation: they continuously convert incoming AC power to DC power and then convert the DC power to ideal AC output power. This continuous double-conversion operation isolates connected equipment from problems on the AC line. On-line UPS systems offer superior protection because the double-conversion operation isolates equipment from problems on the AC line.
During an outage, line-interactive UPS systems typically transfer from line power to battery-derived power within two to four milliseconds, which is more than fast enough to keep all but a small percentage of the most power-sensitive equipment operating without interruption. On-line UPS systems do not have a transfer time because the inverter is already supplying the connected equipment load when an outage occurs.

1 Like

Got the UPS today, now letting in charge overnight, manual says it needs to charge for six, and honestly it probably doesn’t need to charge at all but meh, not in a hurry atm so will put it in tomorrow

1 Like

So this new place has a pretty decent UPS here with an external battery cabinet (if that’s what it’s called). The UPS itself has 24V input. I’m having trouble finding where to get a new external battery… But I’d also like to crack the case open and just replace the innards…

Anyone recognize something like this? (The bigger unit is the battery(s), and the smaller unit is the actual UPS)

There don’t seem to be any screws anywhere, but I’m also not about to attempt flipping the thing over to see more of the bottom…

Heavy Duty Derp Edit: So… The top literally just pops off with a minimal force. Thankfully I can just replace the two batteries inside :\

1 Like

Rennervate!

After a recent 5 hour loadshed, I’m gatvol. I’m going all in on an inverter with 2 batteries. Is anyone else using something similar, and what do you run off of your backup power? How long is your backup power lasting with your configurations?

Needless to say, I’m looking to make sure my simrig can at least last an hour, though two would be better. After that, I’ll focus on the work office. But fuck that for now, a laptop is good enough for work, to cover a normal amount of loadshedding time.

Side note: technically this isn’t a UPS, but it’s related. Mods, I wasn’t sure if I should just make a new topic or not

5 Likes

Two fresh 100mAH batteries last 8 hours for 3 servers, network rack, PoEs…

Not sure if you start throwing fridges and aircons though.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Lol oops! Sorry aboot that.

2 Likes