Video of the Day

Something about saving stamina for the whole tournament, because you’re trying to do the minimum for the upcoming races, so you have energy to go all out, in the final. Not sure how much of a thing that is. I only run to the shop.

1 Like

That’s exactly it. This race was a heat, so (typically) the winner and second place will go through to the semi’s, as well as a number of the fastest runners of all heats that didn’t win or come second. Then there’s a couple of semi finals where again, the winners, second, and fastest other go through to the finals. The finals is where you want to have the most energy and speed, since you’ve got the strongest competition, and if you’re in the leading bunch, the strong competition is most likely to push you into Personal Best territory.

So, strategy wise, it make sense to aim at coming first or second in each heat and semi expending as little energy as possible.

For those new to sprinting, keep an eye on the 100m finals at the Olympics. It’s going to be explosive, with Noah Lyles trying to prove that he’s the next Usain Bolt, but our South African Akani Simbini came second to Lyles at the Diamond league race over the weekend, and our neighbour from Botswana, Letsile Tebogo came third! And it’s not like it wasn’t a stacked race, there were some big names running with them.

https://x.com/SuperSportTV/status/1814681308578394228

I cannot flippen wait for the Olympics!

1 Like

Saw two amazing videos last night and thought to share…

and

2 Likes

Bro, I am so amped! Been watching Tebogo and Simbine over the last season or 2 and its gonna be fire!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Bottom… hehehe

3 Likes

Was watching some big wave surfing vids when this came on and was surprised to see Ren.

What a fantastic song and good rendition of I Shot the Sheriff.