Welcome to the MOST EPIC GAME OF THE YEAR 2022 Discussion

Friends, gamers, countrymen, lend me your keyboards, for I have come to praise the best games released and played for the year 2022!

It is that time of the year again, the time we crown one game with the most prestigious award in all of gaming, the Most Epic Win Game Of The Year. This is the 6th edition of the awards run here in our little corner of the internet.

As is tradition now, we will start next week with the round of nominations. All the categories will have 10 preselected games that can be nominated, but any other game fitting the criteria of the category can be nominated within the comments of each thread. The threads will be open for a week and people can vote either by participating in the poll, or by nominating and liking the comments for games nominated. The 5 games with the most votes or likes in each category will then move on to the final round of voting.

The final round of voting will run until the end of November, where anyone and everyone should go and vote for the games you feel most deserves the win in each category. By the end of the month, all threads will be closed and the final winners will be announced.

This year the categories sees two minor changes, and each thread will have a brief description of what games you can an cannot nominate. The 2022 categories are:

• Xbox Game of the Year 2022
  • Playstation Game of the Year 2022
  • Nintendo Switch Game of the Year 2022
  • PC Game of the Year 2022
  • Best game to play with your friends released in 2022
  • The Tell Me A Story award for 2022
  • The Indie Darling of 2022
  • The Bliksem Badguys awarded for 2022
  • The Sportsball and “Hun Hun” award for 2022
  • The “I swear I’m working” award for 2022
  • The best game we’re still playing award for 2022
  • The Most Anticipated Upcoming game award
  • The Most Epic Win Game Of The Year Award 2022

This year the polls will be created so that the final result will only be visible at the end of the voting period, to build some suspense for the winners (as much as can be built within the realm of possibilities)

As I say each year, it is completely understandable that you may not have played all or even any of the games nominated for this year. That is perfectly fine, and I encourage you to still vote for the games you feel most deserves the win in each category.

Spread the news and get everyone you know to come and vote for the MEW GOTYs!!!

8 Likes
5 Likes

Wow, already?! This year passed by so quickly…

5 Likes

metacritic’s Highest Rated Games for 2022 makes a useful reminder of the games released this year as well:

Can also be filtered by platform.

2 Likes

Yip ans served as the starting point to pick the preliminary nominations that each category will have.

Hope everyone is good with the categories. Any suggestions or comments are welcome as well.

3 Likes

For me Elden Ring won all the categories. Except the Switch one since it’s not on there. And for Most Anticipated it’s the DLC.

5 Likes

I agree except for the story, I don’t like FROM’s “story telling” at all. I’ll give that one to God of War PC, I think. I don’t think I played much else from this year, mostly older stuff.

4 Likes

I’ll be trying new GoW and Bayo 3 today. From the previous Bayonetta games, I know Bayo 3 has the potential to do amazing things, not just as a Switch game either.

3 Likes

All the stuff I’ve played on that metacritic list is just releases on other platforms of games from previous years…

Maybe I should grab the new TMNT game :thinking:

4 Likes

Definitely a good one, and falls into the category of:

• Best game to play with your friends released in 2022
3 Likes

Thanks to Game Pass I’ve at least played some new releases.

2 Likes

Created a shelf on steam and sorted by release year. LOL These are the only games I played that released this year, for the rest of the awards I’ll go on hearsay :rofl:

6 Likes

Vampire Survivors is certainly one of the breakout hits of the year. The game is deceptively brilliant and has had a lot of content added during its early access period.

4 Likes

All the nomination threads are created and you can go and vote and nominate all the games:

6 Likes

Thanks for doing this, you clearly put a lot of effort into it. :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

It is only a pleasure. I do like doing these events at the end of each year.

Also we’re just in time to compare our nominations with the Game Awards, unveiling their nominations tonight…

6 Likes

Thank you very much to everyone that has voted, nominated and liked different comments. So far the turnout is great, but it would be great to get even more votes and participation. Please check the comments above and go and vote in all the threads.

6 Likes

Remember to get all those votes and nominations in. The polls close this upcoming Monday so make sure you vote on all the polls and like any nominations in the comments you would like to see in the final round.

5 Likes

SO all the nomination threads and polls are now closed, and thank you for everyone for voting. I will create the final voting thread tomorrow. A change this year will be that I add all the Polls into one thread, no need to spam the forum so much I feel

7 Likes

The final voting thread has been created. Please go and vote for all the games. The polls are all within one post so there is not need for spamming and forgetting to go to a different thread.

6 Likes