What's for dinner

Unfortunately not. I’m too old. Or hmm we didn’t tell them it’s my birthday. Do you get a free ice cream at any age?

I think it’s any age

Damn! I missed out.

If you tell them its your Birthday they come and sing at your table and I don’t need that sort of attention, so I’m happy to skip the ice-cream.

3 Likes

As stated in beating off 3.0, Wacky Wednesday.

1 Like

Made ucook again: this was divine although the husband complained about too much onions…

1 Like

What’s the sauce?

It’s just a pureed tomato onion and pickled pepper sause with some Italian spices.

2 Likes

Medium rare steak made on the weber
With tempura red onion (I tired to copy spur onion rings)
And giant mushrooms baked in the oven with garlic a touch of butter and cheese

3 Likes

remove the onions and I am there

1 Like

I’ll take the onions if you take the mushrooms

1 Like

sounds good, i love mushrooms

1 Like

Hahaha its why I make it with red onions - they are nicer than the usual white ones.

I feel like I should add there was a green salad on another plate as well :stuck_out_tongue: And crispy baby potatoes

2 Likes

We decided to try something - we made homemade ravioli. It might not look pretty but it was great.

We made the filling with a mix of onion, garlic, sweet basil, mixed herbs, mince and some leftover stew.

The pasta dough was just 2 cups of plain flour, 3 eggs and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. We mixed the dough and kneaded it for about 10 mins, then we rested it for about 4 hours, and started making the pasta.

Ok so we rolled the pasta to the second thinnest setting, we found the last one was just to thin to handle for us noobs.
We cut the strips with a pizza cutter about 3 fingers wide.
Then a teaspoon of mince and some egg wash around the edges and we folded them over and closed it with a fork.
This was where we made a huge mistake, we stacked them too much and the ones on the bottom was just a gluggy mess.

We boiled it for about 5mins per batch

They don’t look pretty, but they are tasty.
We ended making 2 types of sauces - my dad doesn’t like pesto. So for him we made a white sauce and added some mushrooms.
We used store-bought pesto just because my basil plants got eaten by something. We used just a plain basil pesto, I also chopped some mushrooms and cherry tomatoes - we just cooked the tomato and mushrooms separately in a little bit of butter and then mixed it with the pasta.

3 Likes

My parents left me a pack of “Tortilla soup” mix here last year, finally got around to make it. Just add a can of tomatoes and shredded chicken (and I added a bit of my own spice too).

I made some tortillas too, but I thought it was gonna be a lot thicker. So I grated a bunch of cheese and made some burritos anyways. The whole thing reminds me a lot of chilli cheesy burritos at Taco Bell back in North America

1 Like

My wife made some delicious chicken lasagna. Serious comfort food with all the cheese and cream etc.

2 Likes

Beef stew with veg - my one pot plan :smiley:

1 Like

Home made bread

Home made chicken curry

Home grown chilli peppers:

Home made bunny served with a mug of home made pineapple beer:

Apple beer. Pineapple beer… UH. Beer pineapple apple beer.

And yes, it is chicken curry, made with a hand hatched, hand raised chic… alright, the curry ingredients were off the shelf.

5 Likes

Meatballs and spaghetti with homegrown parsley and spring onion and feta for the parents and cheddar cheese for me

1 Like

Making this tonight! Chicken is already marinading

2 Likes