What's for dinner

Something about drinking melktert just sounds gross

We’ve mostly been eating super healthy this year. So um tonight I want to order something super unhealthy for delivery. I’m thinking a nice burger and chips.

2 Likes

No! Don’t give in to temptation!

We had a potjie-fondue this afternoon. Everyone made their own little potjie over that green burning gel. Worked out quite well. Would do it again. Only problem is when you want seconds…

I made a Two-bean coconut curry potjie with mushrooms, peppers, zucchini and potatoes

1 Like

Made steak. Wanted to make a pan sauce while the steak was resting and I left the pan on and then all the nice caramelised stuff got burnt. :pensive:

1 Like

At least you don’t do it often, mum made potatoes - I have no idea how she does it, but she burns potatoes - ALL the time.

1 Like

We went vegetarian tonight for dinner

truffle conchiglioni… Was quite delicious. Absolutely loving UCook

3 Likes

rice & veg with pie

1 Like

https://tasty.co/compilation/chow-mein-4-ways

I want to make the veggie one, the shrimp I will change to pork and the chicken one
I made the beef and broccoli one already and it was awesome

Went with my parents to a teppenyaki last night.

Dang that was good

1 Like

How have I only found out about melkkos now, after 9 years?

1 Like

Seriously? The wife makes the best “kluitjierige” melkkos…

2 Likes

I have never had melkkos - I had to google it - it sounds like a lumpy white sauce. . . .

I made beef and broccoli over the weekend - I type of chow mein

I used an egg noodle I found at my chinese market.
Precooked till just before cooked thru and then put aside to cool off - I added 1 tablespoon of oil to keep them from sticking.

ngredients

for 4 servings

• ½ cup

water

• 1 tablespoon

cornstarch

• ¼ cup

soy sauce

• 1 tablespoon

garlic, minced

• 1 tablespoon

brown sugar

• 1 teaspoon

white pepper

• 1 lb

flank steak, thinly sliced

• salt, to taste
  • 3 tablespoons

cooking oil, divided

• 6 oz

chow mein noodle, hong kong style pan fried noodles, par cooked according to package instructions

• ½ cup

onion, sliced

• 1 cup

broccoli floret

• 2 teaspoons

sesame oil

• scallions, sliced, for garnish

Preparation

1. In a 2-cup (480 ml) liquid measuring cup, combine the water, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and white pepper.
  2. In a medium bowl, season the steak strips with salt. Pour half of the sauce over the meat and set the rest aside for later. Mix the sauce with the steak, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
  3. In a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, then add the par-cooked noodles. Cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing the noodles to crisp, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
  4. In the same wok, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and the marinated beef. Cook the beef for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes, or until slightly crispy. Remove from the wok and set aside.
  5. In the same wok, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and add onion and broccoli. Season with salt, then stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
  6. Return the steak to the wok, followed by the crispy noodles and sesame oil. Mix well and pour in the reserved sauce. Toss gently and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until everything is well-combined. Garnish with sliced scallions.
  7. Enjoy!

The video is playing all the recipes on the link

https://tasty.co/compilation/chow-mein-4-ways?

1 Like

Needs oyster sauce. Otherwise that looks amazing! The baby corns are essential!

Last night, I made spaghetti with a basil tomato sauce, with a Trinidad scorpion pepper deseeded and chopped up. And bloody me, forgot to put chicken in it for my protein. Again…

1 Like

I havent tried oyster sauce yet :stuck_out_tongue: that and fish sauce - the name says it all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oyster sauce is amazing.

3 Likes

Fish sauce… I only use it when I make spring rolls. Which ends up going to waste because I only make them once every 5 years and the fish sauce goes bad (ok, so it smells like it’s already bad as soon you open a new bottle)

I will buy a small bottle of oyster sauce next time I go to the market

1 Like

Made a nice juicy beef roast and a rich moist chocolate cake…

1 Like

Where is my cake? Pretty please?

Homemade chicken pizza

1 Like