Wheel of Time - Amazon Prime Series

The Fantasy Epic written by Robert Jordan and completed by Brandon Sanderson after his death is finally getting a tv adaptation. I guess after the success of Game of Thrones someone decided it was time.
https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/10/robert-jordan-the-wheel-of-time-cover.jpg?itok=dXF7pZf-
Jordan’s widow Harriet McDougal and Brandon Sanderson will serve as consulting producers.

This is the premise of the show.

The Wheel of Time follows Moiraine, a member of the powerful, all-woman organization Aes Sedai, who goes on a journey across the world with five young people, who she believes might include the reincarnation of a person prophesied to save or destroy humanity.

Rosamund Pike has been cast as Moiraine.
https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/2019/06/rosamund-pike-state-of-the-union-sundance-institute.jpg

6 Likes

I agree with the casting of Rosamund Pike but Moiraine is hardly the main character.

3 Likes

Well, she is a main character. Definitely not the main character. They’ll probably (obviously) change things for the show though.

This TV show has also been a long time coming, I think they secured the rights a couple of years ago already.

I can’t wait to see the rest of the casting. Especially my boys Mat and Perrin.

4 Likes

I really hope this is better than the books. I’ve been struggling through the books for years now.

3 Likes

It gets a bit long in the tooth in the middle but it picks up again and ends on a high note.

I’m actually considering reading the whole series again now, but all my books are still in storage.

2 Likes

I think I made it to book 4 or 5 and gave up. I havent been able to get into it again at all.

3 Likes

pleaseletthisbegoodpleaseletthisbegoodpleaseletthisbegoodpleaseletthisbegood…

They are aiming for this to be the next Game of Thrones and they clearly don’t want to give away the first major twist of the series.

We shouldn’t read much into this.

2 Likes

Only read till book 3, and enjoyed it so much. Life happened and I just do not get much time to read anymore. Excited for this!

1 Like

I feel a reread coming up in the future.

3 Likes

I always wanted to see Hugh Jackman as Lan.

2 Likes

YOu guys who are gonna reread it are nuts - not gonna bother with a reread.

1 Like

I’m so keen for this.

The middle few books were rough to get through but overall I loved it so much. I want this series to be good but I won’t have very high expectations.

TV shows can never live up to what you had in your mind.

4 Likes

I see on the IMDB page it says Logain will have an extended role in the series.

3 Likes

I’m certain there will be polarizing decisions made by the team, but the changes are coming from a good place, and I really like most of them. And let me tell you, the first of the two scripts I read was sharp. Excellent dialogue, nuanced characters, great pacing. The second of the two was in a rougher shape, so while still good, obviously was still undergoing revisions.

I’m a bit more excited now to be honest.

2 Likes

I see that there are suggestions that they will be shooting in Prague.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A thing I spotted somewhere. One of the people involved in producing WoT said that they really liked the way magic was shown in Doctor Strange. Its apparently visual effects heavy but it would suit the magic in WoT too.

2 Likes

Yeah I always imagined it like you could physically see the weaves being made with different colours representing the different types of weaves.

Something like Dr Strange could definitely work for that. Like the threads look like that part where he’s holding Thanos in Infinity War, just with different colours.

2 Likes

Some more cast members announced:

I like what I’m seeing, especially Mat. He looks 100% spot on. Perrin needs to bulk up a bit though.

3 Likes

They should get him to blacksmith for a while.

2 Likes