Wheel of Time - Amazon Prime Series

Here’s another link with a better indication of who’s playing who:

https://www.tor.com/2019/08/14/wheel-of-time-casting-announcement/

2 Likes

Egwene isn’t quite what I would have expected

1 Like

Another series along with witcher and lotr that is on my watch list.

2 Likes

3 Likes

im unfamiliar with this

As in, you’ve never heard of it or you’ve heard of it but just never read the books?

You’d probably have to be living under a rock to never have heard of it though. It is a great fantasy epic, probably my favourite fantasy series. Yes, that means I like it more than LOTR, but mostly because of the awesome characters (especially Mat and Perrin), diverse cultures and how the magic works.

There are a lot of books to get through (14) and they do get a bit long in the tooth in the middle but it’s well worth a read (or listen if you’re into audio books instead).

2 Likes

As well as Perrin and Nynaeve.

Here’s another pic of the Nynaeve actress I found on twitter:

She definitely looks like she’s got that attitude.

i’ve played a shooter called wheel of time a long time ago, never had any knowledge that alot of books ever existed

2 Likes

I never got past book 5, and honestly not interested. Will try the show when it gets released

3 Likes

Yip, it was based on Robert Jordans world.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to play that game, but when I found out about it it was already old and I couldn’t get it to run on the version of Windows I had.

1 Like

I must admit, an FPS is the last type of genre I’d have chosen for a Wheel of Time game.

I know there was a company that release something every now and then just to keep the rights. Maybe that game was one of those things.

Been while since we posted an update on this. Here’s the latest: principle photography has started!

4 Likes

Four more cast revealed.

Hammad Animashaun ( Black Mirror ) has been cast as Loail, a close friend to Perrin the dream walker and Rand al’Thor. Loail is an ogier, a human-like species described in the books as big, strong, and hairy, which might belie (to the casual observer) their intelligence and peaceful natures. (Ars’ own Lee Hutchinson described the species as “what if you had elves, but they were ogre-sized and looked like ogres.")

Alexandre Willaume ( Tomb Raider ) will portray Thom Merrilin, a “Gleeman and adventurer”—basically a traveling bard, playing in villages rather than royal courts, skilled in juggling, fireworks, tumbling, songs, instruments, and so forth. The other two newly announced cast members will play supporting characters. Johann Myers will play the villainous Padan Fain, and Alvaro Morte will play Logain.

4 Likes

These character blurbs were making me increasingly nervous. Calling Perrin a “dream walker” is like calling Jon Snow a ranger of the Night’s Watch.

Then I went back and read the original blurb of Perrin’s character when the casting was announced, and I see the important part was there. Phew. Now I can calm to a panic.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about it. Perrin can get into Telaranrhiod but he is most definitely not a dream walker.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on whether they mean dreamwalking like we’ve come to understand it from the way Jordan uses the term, or some new simpler definition for the show.

Regardless, “Perrin the dreamwalker” certainly still raises alarm bells. The emphasis is on the wrong element of his character.

The original blurb said: blacksmith, dreamwalker, and eventual Wolfbrother. Those are in the wrong order! And why is the word “eventual” there‽

Maybe the stuff on tor.com was published without the approval of Amazon and the showrunners, but that seems unlikely. Those blurbs look like they come from a press release (I’m trying to track it down, but can’t find it.)

3 Likes