Wordle word of the day showoff thread

How are y’all getting the results images with the coloured blocks?

There’s an Open Source clone of it called Word Master. It’s available on GitHub. It works very well with the added bonus of not being restricted to a once a day word.

https://octokatherine.github.io/word-master/

Add it to your phones’ Home Screen as an app, and it looks and plays like a standalone game.

4 Likes

When you click the share button on the results you get that image copied to the clipboard.

3 Likes

Okay I give up with this stupid game, I’m sure it’s making me feel like an idiot, must be fixed.

2 Likes

Wordle 202 4/6

:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Nobbad for my first ever attempt. I had no idea what I was doing in the beginning.

2 Likes

I didn’t even think PIGGY was a word.

2 Likes

I am a Word Master!

Not really. Played about 50 games. This is the first time I’ve managed to crack in 4.

2 Likes

I managed to get a streak of 11. I nearly got caught out when I discovered that a letter can be in there twice. And then eventually my brain was too fried and “equip” defeated me

2 Likes

First I got in 4.

I swear, they were watching me eat

3 Likes

How do I share my 3rd row answer???

1 Like

Got my 4 row as well… Twice in a row, in fact.

1 Like

Ooh. I got one in 3, and one round later in just 2. I use the word from the last game as the starting word for the next, and got lucky.

3 Likes

That is outstanding!! +3 internet points to you good sir!!

3 Likes

That’s what I do too :joy:

2 Likes

I use HEART as it includes a fair amount of common letters

2 Likes

Accept no substitutes!

There are no Wordle apps. The only way to play the original and official game is through the website that Hammer introduced us to.

1 Like

Today’s word was a real head scratcher but I got it in the end:

Wordle 208 5/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize we could use the same letter twice :expressionless: Not that I’d have gotten it anyways.

1 Like

Got lucky with my opening guess…

Wordle 208 4/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:

3 Likes

Wordle 208 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

2 Likes

Wordle 209 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

3 Likes