Wordle word of the day showoff thread

Are the words the same for everyone everyday? I just spoke to a colleague, and his was completely different to mine

1 Like

As far as I know its supposed to be the same

1 Like

I figured it out, I googled, and then went to a different url, not the powerlanguage one

2 Likes

Each puzzle is numbered. Today’s is Wordle 213. It should be the same for everyone for 24 hours. I think it changes at midnight.

1 Like

bah… when I finally realised what it was…
Wordle 213 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

Wordle 213 6/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

Close. Almost didn’t get it.

3 Likes

Wordle 213 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:

This was a really tough one, I ran through so many word combinations and each time I think that maybe I have it I realise that I have broken one of the position rules

3 Likes

LOL! I feel your pain!

1 Like

LOL, worlde 213 X is trending on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q="Wordle%20213%20X"&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

4 Likes

There are so many good tweets about Wordle on that link! :rofl:

1 Like

Wordle 213 6/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

Looks like a picture of a yacht!

Tomorrow’s word confirmed…

1 Like

Wordle 213 3/6

:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

First time I’m sharing, just because I’m quite proud of myself for this one!

3 Likes

Wordle 214 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:

1 Like

Wordle 214 4/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:

1 Like

Wordle 214 3/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:

Good I’m back.

For those that may have noticed, when you play on Hard mode, you get 'n asterisk next to your score. Hard mode forces you to use the letters you’ve found, and you cannot repeat other letters you know is not there.

1 Like

Wordle 214 3/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

I’ll take it

1 Like

I would like to build off of this idea. While the most frequent letters in the English language distribution is well known, I wondered if the same distribution of letters will be seen in 5 letter words only. So I found a person that bug through the 15918 words of 5 letters in length and came up with two very interesting statistics:

This shows that A is more prevalent in 5 letter words than E, already throwing a spanner in the works of the normal distribution strategy.

Furthermore:

While some distribution trends are the same, O is overrepresented in 5 letter words compared to the total English language database.

And to take things even further:

Very interesting distribution of the most frequent letters in different places.

SOURCE

4 Likes

Wordle 214 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Could have gone either way, my luck I chose the wrong one first

1 Like

I should tick that box since I’ve been playing it that way anyway. Will have to wait until later to do today’s word since my progress is saved on the desktop and not my laptop :smile:

1 Like

Wordle 214 4/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:

Maybe I should play Hard mode, coz that’s kinda how I play anyways. Seems logical.

2 Likes