Xbox Game Pass

I imagine that shouldn’t be a problem, Bungie are already apply cross-save functionality, or rather cross platform account, but you will need the respective content on the respective platform. Other than that your account should have the same stuff across all platforms.

1 Like

I really hope so! NO MOAR ORIGIN app (mine is always a nightmare

Game Pass’ Melissa McGamepass is teasing things again…

Something to celebrate the Bethesda/ZeniMax thing perhaps? DOOM Eternal is being suggested by some: it fits into the REDACTED space, and as Windows Central discovered, there’s a hidden message in the image, found by lowering the brightness:

The Slayer is Coming!

4 Likes

Woop, there it is:

Am assuming the 1 Oct release is for Console only as the linked Xbox Wire post does say, “Doom Eternal will be available with Xbox Game Pass on October 1 and for PC later in 2020.”

2 Likes

Available today:

2 Likes

Good news, I think. It seems to have been quietly taken off the “Leaving Soon” list - I swear it was on there as recently as yesterday, but looking now and it isn’t anymore.

Haven’t been able to find any official confirmation yet, so pinch of salt and all that…

2 Likes

Well I guess I might be reinstating my subscription.

2 Likes

We’ve got the news you want to hear – including exactly when you can enjoy EA Play as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Game Pass for PC. Starting November 10, EA Play will be available on console as part of your Game Pass Ultimate membership, and coming in December, Ultimate and PC members will be able to download and play games from the EA Play library on Windows 10 as part of your membership on PC.

4 Likes

Am I reading that right? FM7 on PC???

2 Likes

Is that weird? I think it has been available on PC for a while

2 Likes

Yeah, @MetalSoup is right - FM7 was a Play Anywhere title from it’s launch. In fact, Forza Horizon 3 the year before was the first “Forza” title to be Play Anywhere. I guess Game Pass for Console and Game Pass for PC has pretty much replaced the Play Anywhere thing these days though. Can’t really think of a recent game that has been pitched as Play Anywhere enabled - it’s all either Console or PC (or Android now too).

2 Likes

Bloody hell, Wikipedia really does know everything!

According to that list, the last Play Anywhere title was something called Alvastia Chronicles which was released to Xbox and Win10 way back in January 2019.

EDIT- looking at that Wikipedia page a little closer, and I realise it’s probably a little out of date, and it doesn’t show all the Play Anywhere titles. Just for example, it’s missing both Forza Horizon 4 and Ori & the Will of the Wisps which are 2 more recent titles that were Play Anywhere enabled. Here’s the list on the Xbox site: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-play-anywhere.

2 Likes

Huh. Here I’ve been waiting for a “proper” Forza to hit PC, as I got bored of Horizon 3 & 4 quite quickly, but fondly remember spending countless hours in Forza 2 and 3. Reading up a bit it seems that wheels have terrible support in Forza 7, which is a bummer. I was looking forward to trying it out with my G920.

2 Likes

Don’t worry or believe the wheel support issue too much. Up until now on either PC or Xbox I have not had any issues with my G920 and Forza 7. It works like a charm! A bit different from other games in terms of driving mechanics, but the wheel works 100%

2 Likes

Well hot dang! That gets me excited. I’ve always yearned to play “proper” Forza with a wheel.

4 Likes

Hot diggity dog! Game Pass just keeps getting better month-on-month.

3 Likes

4 Likes

For those with GP on console I can highly recommend Supraland. It is a brilliant puzzle platformer.

2 Likes

More subtle, not subtle hints from the XGP social media team:

Six rainbows over a castle under siege. I wonder what game that is hinting at?
/s

And then this one tonight:

Which suggests it will be available on Thursday already.

Which is confirmed on the Xbox Wire site:

4 Likes

A fair bunch of games coming to XGP over the next few weeks, including a number of LucasArts/Double Fine remasters and PUBG on Android, just in time for Halloween:

Carto (Console & PC) – October 27

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29

Five Nights at Freddy’s (Android, Console & PC) – October 29

Full Throttle Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29

Grim Fandango Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (Android) – October 29

ScourgeBringer (Android) – October 29

Unruly Heroes (Android, Console & PC) – October 29

Celeste (Android, Console & PC) – November 5

Comanche (PC) – November 5

Deep Rock Galactic (Android, Console & PC) – November 5

Eastshade (Android, Console & PC) – November 5