Your Personal Games of the Year 2017

The only games I played extensively this year was “Stardew Valley” on PC and “Kiss ass whilst dodging responsibility” on Corporate Ladder.

“Stardew Valley” was definitely the better of the two.

Wildlands is now on my 2017 GOTY list

What was your three best games of the year that you actually played? No matter the year the games were released.

1. Warframe
    It got a big update in 2017, and over the last 2 years Warframe has become a totally different game than the one Digital Extremes launched four years ago. GOTY awards getting a category for best ongoing game is a great idea, because there are plenty of games out there being reinvented that get overlooked by critics and awards committees outside the year of their release.

2. Code 7
    I’m a sucker for hacking games.

3. Opus: The Day We Found Earth
    Would never have discovered it if not for my decision to get a Nintendo Switch. What a beautiful little game.

What was your biggest disappointment?

Loot boxes and skin gambling. Whatever progress we’ve made towards games as art has been undermined by the biggest companies in the industry.

Anything else you’d like to add about your 2017 gaming year?

There are a stack of GOTY contenders and TGA 2017 winners that I didn’t get a chance to play yet. Can’t wait for them to go on special :grin:

2 Likes

This is a difficult one

1. Stardew Valley = I just lost to much time in this game. I still love it.
  2. Starbound
    3 Warframe - even if I cant play it, this game will always be in my top 10
  3. Hob - Runic games last creation, one of their best!
  4. War for the Overworld

As for dissapointment I have to say its Diablo 3 I keep hoping that they will do something anything, but making us pay R350 for less than an hours worth of “new” its not worth it.

I felt the same way after finishing Witcher 3 nothing could fill that void the game left me with it was just so dam perfect. I will do a game plus mode once I have my new GPU.

Well Really enjoying Witcher 3, started it towards end of last year and still playing it at the moment when I get time. Really amazing journey so far, maybe the dark soul series after :smiley:

Top 3 favourite:

-Horizon Zero Dawn
Came with my PS4, and one if the best games I’ve played.
-Rime
Loved Rime so much, played it 3 times in a row. Amazingly deep. Also, my new top saddest game, knocking ‘brothers a tale of 2 sons’ to 2nd.
-Driveclub
An old one but still one with some of the best graphics and handling around, while still being more of an arcade game than a simulator.

Biggest disappointment? That I couldn’t afford all the games I wanted to play in 2017. Assassin’s Creek I’m looking at you

1 Like

I need to re-look at this game. It is amazing but the re-spawning enemies annoyed me.