ADAC TOTALENERGIES 24H NÜRBURGRING 2023

This weekend is the 24H NÜRBURGRING endurance race!

130 racing cars fight a 24-hour hunt on the longest and most difficult race track in the world. Day and night the drivers show their skills on the Nürburgring and often fight with the weather conditions in the Eifel in spectacular moments.

At the front, fast-as-an-arrow GT3 cars from Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW and others fight close duels for the overall victory. The individual classes are just as passionate: In the battle for the respective class victory, the drivers in the cars closer to the series give everything for one day and one night.

Experience the challenges on the approximately 25 kilometers of the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife and Grand Prix Track. Experience the unique flair and the fascination of the biggest car race in the world!

2023 Entry List

Thirty of the mighty GT3 cars from Audi, Aston Martin, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes-AMG and Porsche alone with an excellent international driver line-up will be fighting for victory - in many cases with factory support and drivers from the factory squads. The supporting programme is also great with historic and current racing cars as well as countless attractions in the paddock and around the more than 25 km long circuit.

There are 135 entries spread across the 20 different classes. Here are some notables entries to keep an eye on:

In the top tier SP9:

Our very own Kelvin van der Linde (part of the winning team last year in the Audi R8LMS) will be racing in the ABT Sportsline Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO2

Also keep an eye on his brother Sheldon in the ROWE RACING BMW M4 GT3. The Beemers have been pretty mighty of late. Sheldon taking the win at the Kyalami 9HR earlier this year.

Mercedes will be debuting two AMG GT2 cars this weekend.

And don’t miss the GOAT of 2022, and my own personal choice of transport, the Dacia Logan!

Posting a qualifying time of 11:39.551 (versus the 8:13.190 top time by the AMG GT3) it won’t quite be leading the pack but it has the guts to complete the race, as it did in '21 and '22.

The Logan will be competing with this beauty:

An Opel Manta. Notice the fox tail on the antenna which will be whipping in the wind as the Manta powers around the track.

All the action is viewable for free on official YouTube channel: ADAC TotalEnergies 24hNürburgring - YouTube which also links to onboard streams from some of the cars.

Qualifying 3 starts at 13:30

And the race will begin tomorrow at 15:30

5 Likes

I really wish they would bring the Green Hell into ACC.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s not an SRO series and so it will never be added to ACC.

There’s always AC2 though when that releases!

3 Likes

Proof that I’m driving the same kind of car as a competitor in the N24H race :rofl:

My car’s needing a repaint so maybe I should just get a matching livery done!

4 Likes

This will give you a sense of what it will be like for the drivers in the GT3 class. 24 hours of this will definitely put their skills to the test.

3 Likes

I’ve done a 24H event inside GranTurismo 5 (I think it was) and it was brutal. I can’t imagine what a real world scenario is like.

2 Likes

I think the rear wing is more important than the paint :wink: Add one of those!

3 Likes

I’m tempted :grin:

3 Likes

Spoiler Alert:

:grinning:

4 Likes

I have the Need for some responsible Speed!

3 Likes

'Scuse my ignorance, but do the vdL brothers partake in this event?

1 Like

They do. Check @DarthMol’s OP - he mentions them both and shows the cars they are competing in.

1 Like

Ah I see, my bad. I glanced over it while looking more at the cars :dotted_line_face:

3 Likes

These guys are so consistent, it’s unbelievable. The amount of concentration that is need must be immense.

3 Likes

Sheldon vdL seems to be doing very well, haven’t seen or heard anything about his brother though.

2 Likes

They’re still running. Currently P11.

You can keep an eye on the live timing here:

https://livetiming.azurewebsites.net/event=50?config=w3

I filter by class to only show SP1 to make it easier. Sheldon’s car is #98, Kelvin is #27.

2 Likes

The greatest loss in the race…

Dacia Good Boy

5 Likes

Congrats to the #30 Ferrari 296 GT3 of Frikadelli Racing on winning the 24H Nurburgring endurance race for 2023.

Forza Ferrari! Finally something for Scuderia fans to celebrate.

2nd place was the ROWE Racing BMW with our boy, Sheldon van der Linde. And an AMG GT3 of Mercedes-AMG Team Bilstein came third.

The Lambo Huracan GT3 Evo 2 with Kelvin van der Linde and Jordan Pepper fought it’s way back to 9th after dropping down to 29th from a puncture early in the lap.

A new lap record of 162 laps was set over a weekend of perfect, dry weather.

3 Likes

Besides it being a pretty good race, I need to mention how impeccable the production of the whole thing was. YouTube live stream worked without a hitch, minimal geoblocking, excellent commentating, actually showing overtaking, smart decisions on penalties made timeously. This was brilliant to watch. FOM could just employ this production team and stewards and call it a day.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Team_RMarciello/status/1660624667739144192?s=20

5 Likes