Age of Empires Definitive Editions

3 Likes

Oh my word, the hype is real!! I can’t wait for the game to be released. It sucks though that its only on Windows store.

1 Like

Not long to wait now… I played a bit of the beta and it looks soooooo much better with the updated visuals. It still feels like the original, so whether the actual gameplay mechanics have aged well is a different story.

Being new here, what is the best way to embed a Youtube video?

You can just copy and paste the video link into the comment, and the video will automatically embed into your comment.

Also I’m really jealous that you got time with the beta. I tried to get into that, but alas, never got the opportunity

Cool, thanks.

I didn’t really play that much; I used a little trick where you could play skirmish by creating a private multiplayer match and then only invite AI opponents. As soon as Microsoft closed that little loophole, I lost interest a bit. I only wanted to mess around with the game, not play super competitive multiplayer matches.

If I do pick the game up it will be for the updated campaigns, and some MP action with a small group of friends.

Will this be better than the normal updated ones out there at the moment? Like age 2 and 3? is it purely a nostalgia thing about 1?

It will be more than just a new skin. There has been changes to gameplay and updates to things like upping the population cap from 50 to I think 500 if I’m not mistaken. So there are other changes other than prettier graphics

It’s a bit of both, to be honest. MS have definitely tried to keep the game faithful to the original; hence, they’ve not added all of the new features you find in Ages 2 and 3; combat formations or stances, for example. They have however added basic RTS features that were missing at the time, such as attack-move and production queuing, as long as they don’t affect the basic gameplay too much. AoE 1 was never proper balanced as a multiplayer game either, so a lot of effort has apparently gone into that as well.

Awesome!!!

As much as I loved AoE back in the day, I’m way more hyped for the brand new fourth entry into the series (if you can exclude the online-only version).

I wish they would share some info about it already… such as what ages it will be set in, for instance.

Heads up to everyone, the game will be available to play TOMORROW!!! I am super hyped!!

2 Likes

I still have to re-buy it… Paid for the pre-order and then got refunded when they delayed the release. Will maybe give it another few days / weeks until I really work up an AoE urge.

Besides, the Rand seems to love Cyril being president, so I’ll be paying less than I did before :smiley:

1 Like

Meh as much as i wanna grab it now. It will have to wait till after April - stupid birthdays :smiley:

By the way, please fix the title? it should be Definitive Edition, and it’s driving my OCD mad.

EDIT: Hmmm, must have been imagining things…

No idea what you are talking about

3 Likes

Well played, Sah…

1 Like

Happy Age of Empires Definitive Edition day!! I plan on getting to play this finally later tonight.

1 Like

Please provide some feedback. I have very fond memories of it. But memories can be deceiving

1 Like