All the 2021 Year-End & Winter Sales

It seems like every game vendor is running end-of-year sales this year, with a host of giveaways and specials.

I’m sure there’s others. This topic will be made a wiki so feel free to add any other that you come across.

Will create dedicated posts (and wiki them too) for the stores that have super specials, and for folks to mention any great deals they discover.

4 Likes

The GOG Winter Sale

• The GOG Winter Sale runs from 13 December through to 05 January.
  • Claiming to have over 3500 deals, with discounts up to -90%.
  • Regular Flash Deals that run for 24-48 hours.
  • Even have a “roadmap” of the event:

1 Like

The Epic Games Holiday Sale

• Runs from 16 December to 06 January.
  • Discounts on more than 1300 games.
  • Limitless R160 off coupons for games over R240.
  • Daily Free Game Giveaways.
  • Free in-game items for Fortnite, Warframe, and Rocket League - login to the game during the promotion period and the freebie should be added to your profile.

These are the games that would qualify for coupon use: (R239.99+)

3 Likes

The Rockstar Store Holiday Sale

• 40% off our assortment of apparel and collectibles from across the Rockstar Games catalog.
  • 50% to 70% off a variety of classic Rockstar Games PC titles.
  • A special 20% discount on Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC.
  • Picking up Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC will also get you $10 off your next purchase through the Rockstar Store of a product priced $15 or more (exchange rates apply).
  • And as an added bonus, everyone who purchases Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC from the Rockstar Store through January 5, 2022 can claim an additional complimentary Rockstar Store PC product, from the following options:
    • Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition
    • Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
    • Max Payne 3
    • L.A. Noire
    • Bully: Scholarship Edition
    • A Great White Shark Cash Card for GTA Online
    • 55 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online
1 Like

The Nintendo eShop Festive Sale

The eShop sale for Nintendo is also on right now:

• Sale on now until 30 December.
  • Save up to 75% on a wide range of great third-party titles including Just Dance 2022, Among Us, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and more.
  • List of all Switch games currently on Sale:
2 Likes

The 2021 Steam Winter Sale

• Sale runs from 8PM today (22 Dec) through until 8PM, 05 January 2022.
  • Discounts on thousands of games across all genres: over 50,000 items on sale
  • Coincides with public voting for the 2021 Steam Awards. [Vote Here]
  • Features special Winter Sale stickers in the Steam Points Shop. There are 7 animated stickers to collect throughout the promotion. Users can claim one sticker at random every 48 hours from the Points Shop.
  • SteamDB continues to be one of the best resources to navigate the Steam Sale. Log in to the Sales Tracker Page with your Steam account and use the filters and sliders to narrow your search for a good deal. (It takes a while for all the sales items to get scrapped, so give it a few hours before you search.

Some of the better deals I’ve spotted so far:

Dead Space 2 @ -90% = R34.99

Planet Zoo @ -75% = R113.24

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst @ -90% = R34.99

The Banner Saga 3 @ -80% = R54.75

Unravel Two @ -90% = R34.99

You too can add any good deals you find to this post - it’s a wiki!

2 Likes

Square Enix has gone mad with their regional pricing. On both Steam and Epic… $100 per game???

PS, sorry, I know this is not a sale post…

3 Likes

$70 a game. There’s news that it’s going to become the norm for some AAA releases. It’s really messed up.

2 Likes

$70 I can still stomach… Maybe. But this is way more than $70!

2 Likes

And this is why I refuse to buy new, Im dying to play farcry 6 but I will not buy it. I will wait for it to go on uplay :stuck_out_tongue:
I will rather be the one who plays games a year after anyone than pay those prices

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately it’s $70 overseas if I remember correctly. We just get screwed some more.

2 Likes

Yip, it seems like they’re trying to make $69.99 the new $59.99 price point for new AAA games. And sadly, without proper regional pricing, as @Wyvern points out, South African shoppers are doubly screwed over by our uber shitty exchange rate. The R1429 listing price puts us at the 3rd most expensive place for the game:

It’s 24% more expensive for us to buy it here than it is at the “new standard” US list price of $69.99. That said, even at its cheapest in Brazil, R957 is a crap ton of cash to be throwing at a single game on PC. That’s over 9 months of access to hundreds of games with a Game Pass for PC subscription.

And there’s more than enough 1st party Day 1 releases coming to Game Pass to easily be able to ignore an overpriced, unknown new IP game from a developer that has only got one other release (admittedly, the excellent Final Fantasy XV) so far. Maybe it works for them in Japan, but I doubt it’s going to be a big seller in these parts.

Forspoken · AppID: 1680880 · SteamDB

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think that the Game Pass model might become the new norm. I don’t particularly have a problem with paying $70 (not R1500, though) for a AAA game, but the immense value in Game Pass and EA Play will definitely influence the typical gamer’s deduction. I’m just hoping Steam will have a similar offering at some point.

3 Likes