AMD Ryzen CPUs

Interesting. So it seems the best buys are at either end of the scale. The R5 3600 is the best value, and the R9 3900X just smashes everything if money is no object. The chips in between are not as interesting.

At least with the 8 cores you can make an argument for people wanting 8 cores instead of 6.
No idea what the purpose of the 3600x is. Their is no way you should be spending 25% more for a max 5% increaseā€¦

1 Like

Agreed. I watched that same review last night. If / when I do upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 chip, it will most likely be the 3600.

7 Likes

There are apparently more CPUā€™s on the way, including a Ryzen 7 3700 and 3900 non-X, and a Ryzen 5 3500.

2 Likes

Hold on tight, here comes Threadripperā€¦

3 Likes
2 Likes

The monster is almost here!

1 Like

Anyone here that has bought a 3000 series chip and would like to share some thoughts on it? How does it perform for you?

Waiting on delivery. Really wanted to get the 3700X upgrade kit but then Evetech removed them for some reason. Settled for the 3600 kit and a 512gb NVMe

@Solitude already got his but canā€™t remember which one

1 Like

Iā€™m very keen on the 3600 myself. Would love to know what you think about it once it arrives.

What are you upgrading from?

I got the 3600 and it works great. Very happy.

1 Like

AMD FX-8370E
ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0
16gb (2x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance Pro Series (gold) DDR3 2400

2 Likes

Oh man, thatā€™s going to be a massive performance increase. Double what you had before, if not more.

hereā€™s hopingā€¦

Might get the full performance out of my 580 Strix now

1 Like

Holy cow, yes. Iā€™m running Ryzen 1600 with an RX580 and the two go very well together. The FX is most definitely holding you back. Results will depend somewhat on the specific game and the settings you used of course, but expect a healthy improvement.

I have done a Superposition bench, so will do another after the upgrade is in and post results here

1 Like

You can download Cinebench as well, itā€™s free and includes a very good CPU bench.

yeah will do that one too, havenā€™t reinstalled it since my last format

1 Like