AMD Ryzen CPUs

I find the Superposition one isn’t that great. Maybe use the 3D Mark demo too. You can get it on Steam.

1 Like

True, it doesn’t even register my GPU

Oh yeah, I own that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got the 3700x. Very happy with how it performs. Boost is strange at times , getting fix with a new bios soon apparently.

But overall very happy with my upgrade.

I did post my 3d mark and some game results in the builds thread if anyone wants to have a look.

3 Likes

3DMark scores are great since it keeps a history. Do a few runs with the system as is, then you can do a nice comparison once the new CPU is in. Your CPU score should improve in leaps and bounds. I expect the overall score to get a nice boost as well.

1 Like

Link here.

I wouldn’t mind getting the 3700X either, but it might be overkill for me. I think the 3600 should be just fine.

Here is some info on the incoming BIOS fix. It’s already available for my Asus board, so maybe check your mobo maker’s website to see if they’ve added the new version yet.

MSI always takes their time with bios , so nope not out yet for mine.

2 Likes

I can’t even imaging the power increase I would get going from i7 870 to a Ryzen 3 3600

1 Like

So you’re doing it, yeah?

I’m in the saving stage.

1 Like

It is here…

9 Likes

Niiiiice! I love the smell of freshly bought PC parts in the morning…

1 Like

The results are in (after a very long and stressful night)

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE
Cinebench%20Before

AFTER
Cinebench%20After

7 Likes

Well now! That’s a pretty decent improvement. Have you tried running some games?

It’s been a busy weekend, only managed to start up NMS quickly which I’ve moved to the NVMe, and my god… :flushed:

3 Likes

These are mine with cinebench:

2 Likes

New 3d mark run:

2 Likes

Cheaper Ryzen 3000 chips incoming to compete better with Intel’s midrange.

1 Like

And this, folks, is why competition is good.

1 Like

Forgot to post about the 3950X delay from last week:

1 Like

Yeah, they’re apparently not happy with its boost clock behaviour. The recent press around Ryzen 3000 chips not hitting their advertised boost clocks will have played into that decision.

1 Like