Assassin's Creed Mirage - Baghdad Bound

The big Ubisoft Forward 2022 showcase took place overnight. During the presentation, and in the middle of the Assassin's Creed 15 Year Anniversary, a lot of news was shared about the Assassins' Creed franchise and its immediate future. The biggest reveal came for the next major release in the franchise: Assassin's Creed Mirage.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/assassins-creed-mirage-baghdad-bound/
1 Like

2 Likes

I’m really excited for this. Even though I love Origins I’m not a fan of the RPG route the games have gone down. Give a 20 hour adventure with no rpg elements and I’m happy.

3 Likes

I am exactly the opposite, I love the open world aspects of origins/odyssey and valhalla, not a fan of stealth, so will give this one a miss

3 Likes

The older AC are also all open world games. They just don’t have 100 hours of boring content tacked on.

I do love open world RPG’s, but not every game needs to be one. Odyssey and Valhalla feel like Witcher 3 clones in a loose AC universe.

I’m so happy we’re finally getting a game with an actual Assassin and the Creed again.

I’m honestly also not a fan of stealth either but for some reason I love the (classic) AC games as well as Hitman. With AC is mostly the historical settings I like, specifically exploring cities in those settings. I mean once you’ve seen 3 Greek Islands you’ve seen them all. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I must say that I enjoyed Syndicate quite a bit - even though I never got more than 4-5 hours into the game. Always meant to start it back up and complete it, but life…

3 Likes

I Still think Unity looks better than alot of the newer AC titles. black flag is still the most perfect ac game imo

2 Likes

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-mirage-influences-gameplay-setting-interview/

Mirage has a bit more about Bayek and his legacy, plus some links to Altair

Unity was an inspiration for Mirage’s parkour system, but they aimed to upgrade and enhance with new animations and a quickness for Basim .

Wanted system is back. Player can be foot chased inside the city. The crowd can sometimes recognize you if you were wanted.

Compare Mirage’s length to first one, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, or Assassin’s Creed Unity. So might not necessarily shorter than the mainline games before Origins

3 type of detection states that are clearly showcased to the player. Warning state - can evade easily, search state - leads NPCs to look for you and try to investigate you, last state- fight and conflict .

Detection will spread between AI , there are different enemy archetypes that will play with all those stage behaviors . Some archetypes are able to use their horn to call reinforcements.

I want it.

3 Likes

In what must be an extremely rare situation, a major AAA title is getting into player’s hands earlier than expected.

AC Mirage has gone gold, and Ubisoft have confirmed that the game will now release on 5 October, a week earlier than the planned 12 October release.

Digital Pre-Orders for the game are available:

PC (Ubisoft Store)
Standard @ €50 (~R1050) / Deluxe @ €60 (R1250)

PC (Epic Games Store)
Standard @ R829 / Deluxe @ R999
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/assassins-creed-mirage

PlayStation 4 / 5
Standard @ R899 / Deluxe @ R1099

Xbox One / X|S
Standard @ R899 / Deluxe @ R1099

These two are from the Ubisoft Forward presentation a few months ago. Meant to add them here. Forgot.

2 Likes

and yet there will still be a day 1 patch :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

If it is a stealth game like the old AC, I will not be playing it, I do not have the patience anymore. If I have the option to just cut my way through things rather than stealth, then I will consider getting it.

1 Like

I wasn’t a fan of the last game, but I think I might like this one again. I’ll play my backlog for now and hopefully it gets discounted by December.

2 Likes

Lauch Trailer launched early.

In Assassin’s Creed Mirage, you are Basim, a cunning street thief with nightmarish visions, seeking answers and justice. After an act of deadly retribution, Basim flees Baghdad and joins an ancient organization – The Hidden Ones. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed – one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.

Become the Master Assassin. Assassin’s Creed Mirage, available on October 5, 2023.

1 Like

That’s quite, dare I say, admirable. For a AAA release nowadays.

1 Like

I believe it is a return to its roots so to speak. I never really paid much attention to AC after the first or second, until I played Origins, which I fell in love with.

I have seen a few preview gameplay videos of different people doing the same mission. The ones that went unga-bunga could still play it their way but you can clearly tell it was intended to be played more methodical and to use stealth systems/mechanics.

1 Like

Which is why I am going to give it a miss. I enjoyed the open world RPG direction they went with Origins/Odyssey and Valhalla.

1 Like

can you call it a AAA release since the Scale is apparently smaller that odyssey and valhalla and its development costs are also considerably less apparently

1 Like

Well Ubisoft is most definitely a AAA developer/publisher so I think it’s fair to still call it AAA.

1 Like

Reviews are out, as is the full game release.

Gamespot Video Review:

Assassin’s Creed Mirage’s focus on social stealth and detective work makes for a compelling, but flawed, dive into ninth-century Baghdad.

IGN Video Review

Assassin’s Creed Mirage’s return to the stealthy style that launched this series doesn’t do everything right, but everything it does feels like it was done with purpose. This means a shorter game with a smaller map, fewer collectibles, smaller scope in combat, and a limited selection of gear to play with – all of which is refreshing relative to the arguably bloated scale of 100-hour games like Odyssey and Valhalla. It’s easy to recommend Mirage to anyone who’s lapsed on Assassin’s Creed, as its back-to-basics approach is a successful first step in returning the feeling that the earlier industry-defining games gave us so long ago.

Metacrtic

OpenCritic