Assassin's Creed Origins

Can we talk about how goddamned amazing this game is ? In a year that has been packed with excellent games, I reckon ACO is currently my choice for GOTY. (I have not yet played Zelda, so can’t compare)

Everything just oozes quality. The little sound and visual cues when you gain XP or level up, the superb sound effects, stunning visuals, cool gear and upgrade system, along with the cherry on top, the reworked combat system. Oh, and the storyline feels fresh and relatable. None of that blatant “Templar bloat”.

Another thing that is really impressing me, is then thought put into the side quests. They generally feel “organic”. Plus they are normally pretty quick little bite sized snippets that don’t overstay their welcome. At the risk of causing some healthy disagreement, I find the sidequests to be much better than the ones in Witcher 3. I am actively seeking then out and having fun doing them, with nice meaty XP rewards.

Tldr version?

Lol j/k anything more to add? Thinking of picking this up soon.

I haven’t given the Assassins Creed series a try since number II or III. It was rather all very samey and boring to me.

The whole climb the tower thing seems to be a big thing for Ubisoft :smirk:

I love this game. I am about 30 hours in. I haven’t played in a long time but will be returning very soon when the leave starts.

I wasn’t a big fan of previous AC games. The combat felt weird and I wasn’t a fan of the stupid follow quests in every goddamn previous game.

AC origins is breathtaking. And it has the one thing every game needs. Auto travel to custom waypoints. I love the location quests. they are easy to do and gives you that extra bit of a mission without making it tedious or boring.

I love the eagle. For the first time I feel like I’m playing AC as a real Assassin. I find my self planning out routes and following patrols of guards. I can’t remember every having the same amount of fun in the previous games.

Next up, the map is massive and kind of intimidating. But its so much fun to explore that you can’t wait to uncover the next area.

TLDR; This game is amazing.

1 Like

Oh shit, totally forgot to gush about the Eagle! Brilliant mechanic that strikes the perfect balance between making collectibles and objectives interesting to find, without making it annoyingly tough.

Basically, as @Talentloos says, the game is breathtaking. Whether you are jaded from previous versions (as I was) or totally new to the series.

TLDR; BUY THIS GAME!

Fine, I did.

1 Like

Good man! I guarantee you will have …

SX342

So a tad of a little update.

I bought the game.

I played the game.

I platinumed the game.

I am currently busy playing through The Hidden Ones DLC and will at some point also get the Curse of The Pharoah DLC when on special. I maintain this is the best Assassin’s Creed game in my personal opnion. I am nearing 100 hours hours of in game time.

2 Likes

My wife is currently playing the game. She’s enjoying it a lot.

We don’t own the dlc however.

2 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Odyssey is supposed to be better, but I find it a bit lacking compared to Origins.

1 Like

Almost finished with the Hidden Ones. Damn this game is amazing!

Just finished and 100% the Hidden Ones DLC. What an awesome story. The characters are brilliant and the voice acting to match. The animations are so amazing too. Even had the Mrs enthralled in the story and characters too. I found myself really invested in it.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but for good reason…