Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Getting close now, and looking good…

2 Likes

From everything I’ve seen and read it seems this isn’t, or wasn’t, developed for next gen consoles and has a very current gen look and feel. Which is very strange decision if valid.

3 Likes

The last 2 Assassin’s Creed games looked very good and still do. Even an incremental update would make it a great experience. I’m guessing from a PC perspective there will be some nice settings to fiddle with… Regardless, I’ve got a key for it and I’m anxiously waiting for it to unlock!

4 Likes

Not being a console gamer, mine is probably not the most valid of opinions, but I thought a big reason for the game launching on 10 November was to coincide with the Series X launch?

In fact, I’ve just noticed that all of the IGN videos I’ve posted recently say they were “Sponsored by Ubisoft and Xbox Series X | S” in the descriptions, and in the videos themselves. Surely Xbox wouldn’t be sponsoring something that didn’t further their “best console ever” rhetoric?

Either way, I think all of the visuals look good, especially as most that I’ve seen still show as “Work in Progress”. But, as I said, probably not the best judge of these things.

4 Likes
1 Like

Already downloaded early this morning… Will give it a go either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

3 Likes

Can’t watch the video now. What’s the verdict?

Can’t wait to play this! Tarryn sold it with her tweets and when she gave the game 97.

1 Like

I watched a review or two this morning. Seems like a refined Origins and Odyssey with less side content spam and a more detailed skills tree with stealth kills featuring widely again. Pretty much more RPG all round. But then the bugs are apparently running rampant in the game as well… Some game or mission breaking and others just immersion breaking visual bugs (like spinning boats, flying whales Gojira style, enemies stupidly running in circles, etc).

2 Likes

Series X of course looks better, at least I was watching in 1440p, but I was really surprised on the load times.

Series X took about 17s
One X took around 1m14s

This was surprising, I wonder what it will be like on baseline hardware, I would hate to wait 2 minutes on a load screen.

2 Likes

Baseline as in OG XBOX? Or Series S?

2 Likes

Yeah, from all the reviews I’ve seen and read the biggest nuance seems to be the bugs. Everyone experienced them, and a lot of them.

Probably best and most comprehensive review.

2 Likes

Yeah, either OG Xbox One or PlayStation 4.

2 Likes

I think I just got (access to) this game for free (for a month at least).

FOMO (and the lack of Cyberpunk and Yakuza 7) got the better of me and I decided so sub to ubisoft plus for one month. At the checkout it took the money from my bank account but the app said the transaction failed.

I restarted it to try again but it showed my sub is active. I then started the AC download and then a few minutes later I got an SMS that transaction has been reversed and money is back in my bank account. I am still subscribed to ubisoft plus though. Will see if I can play the game when it’s done (almost there).

3 Likes

How much is the sub again?

1 Like

It was R282.06 (14.99 Euros)

3 Likes

Sweet thanks.

2 Likes

Sweet. I’m playing.

2 Likes

Did the same for Watch Dogs Legion. The €14.99 monthly sub is really not great value for money on a monthly basis, but for a period like now (or December) where you could probably get through both the Watch Dogs and Valhalla single player campaigns, it’s the absolute no-brainer way to go. It also gives you a full month to play a full featured “trial” of the games without restrictions.

3 Likes

Yeah Valhalla should keep me busy until Cyberpunk drops in exactly one month. If not then I’ll just play Legion as well.

They took the money again, which is fine. I wasn’t really expecting it to stay “free”.

3 Likes

Played about an hour and half before I had to come to work.

I’m enjoying it so far. The switch from Greek to Norse already puts it far above Odyssey in my book.

It still has that same RPG focus from Odyssey which I wasn’t a big fan of, but I quite like the combat so far and you can dual wield axes which is a big plus for me.

Can’t wait to play some more.

2 Likes