Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

I was going to use that line after the final points roundup :laughing:

1 Like

You are still most welcome to - I wasn’t able to copyright it…

2 Likes

The 2 last tracks of the season will be Killarney and Virginia International Raceway - North Course.

4 Likes

Lekker, I enjoyed Kilarney with the MX5’s, it should also be fun with the Cortina’s.

3 Likes

I am looking forward to this one

1 Like

I’m ready for this. My body is rested from missing last week’s race, and a weekend full of Cyberpunk. Let’s look at the tracks.

Killarney, pronounced as if you’re from the larney side of the boerewors curtain.

The track is well known among South African racing enthusiasts, and I’m sure a bunch of the Corona Cup Competitors (CCC’s) have attended races here before, maybe even took park in some! I’m going in relatively blind, having grown up closer to Zwartkops (nudge nudge, @Slinx, nudge nudge) and Kyalami. At first glance the track seems to be flowing corners, so I’m going to try with a higher top speed gearing, and stiff suspension to prevent upsetting the car when I inevitably need to make corrections.

The Virginia Raceway is in the Free State, near Virg… no wait, wiki says it’s near Danville, so must be in Pretor… near Danville in California? Of all the things the Americans could’ve copied from us, they chose Danville?!

This one looks fun! I’m assuming, with a corner name like Uphill, we’re in for some level changes, so I’m guessing a higher torque gearing for the climb and many corners. Hopefully I won’t crash into the roller coaster!

3 Likes

Ha still something I have yet to do funny enough(watch, not take part coz I’m like Greg, kak). I have only gone to drags(kinda boring), took part in drags(a bit better), and watched many Drift events(my stuff). Still want to go watch the Rallycross one day though.

3 Likes

Petition for a “Local is Lekker” final round of Killarney and Kyalami!

2 Likes

Killarney 4, 5/6 and 8 are going to be challenging in the Cortina to say the least. It’s definitely a favourite in the local sim racing groups.

VIR North looks like someone tried to draw Laguna from memory. I’ve never driven there before, but It looks like it will be a lot of fun. Lot’s of squiggly lines, so be sure to keep it smooth and flowing for maximum momentum!

3 Likes

Some edits to Killarney :stuck_out_tongue:
The green spot is where we stand ontop of the pits to watch the racing - perfect view of back straight and hairpin as well as some of the pitstraight. (just to far for a view of the full start depending on how many people there are)

And my dad’s architectural firm designed the bridge and new pits on the side of the track.

Let me know what time whomever streams this - I wanna watch :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh cool, we need to get the modding community on those changes!

If no one else streams, I’ll stream my VR view over Discord

Remember, you can always view the live track map here

1 Like

Need a Killarney mod like the Kyalami one. Every time I drive Killarney I have to be told I’m driving on Killarney lol.

2 Likes

Tell your mom! Tell your dad! Tell your friends! It’s time for the final round of Corona :clap: Cup :clap: Season 2! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Do you guys want to do something fun after the races? like lawnmowers or go carts around some ridiculous track? or a big Black Cat County cruise?
It’s a public holiday tomorrow anyway, so why not.

4 Likes

If I have a functioning internet connection again by then, I’m keen for after racing shenanigans. Maybe drop links to all the possibilities so that we can get downloads done before hand of any cars or circuits we may need.

3 Likes

F1 cars round Killarney? Go carts on Nurburgring?

2 Likes

So, I went mod shopping…

3 Likes

I am game for some shenanigans! Go karts are fun, but then so is the Ford Transit!

1 Like

I may be late tonight, my wife’s got the family around and they only arrived an hour later than planned so I will join in when I can

1 Like

Is there any possibility of maybe running the final round tomorrow? I also might not be able to make it

*make it tonight