Assetto Corsa Competizione

When your qualy lap times are pretty consistent!

1 Like

2 Likes

It says I own it already. But I’ve never bought that. :face_with_monocle:

Last night I gave the GT4’s a go since having received the DLC from Secret Santa. After doing a little bit of testing I decided to dive into an online race. There’s not much to choose from in terms of GT4 only races but I found a lobby of 10 at Zandvoort. I decided to take the mighty BMW and see how things went, turns out pretty well as I won my first ever ACC race :smile:

To be fair it seems like many were also getting to grips with the GT4’s and there were only 2 other guys faster than me - but I managed to keep consistent and improve on my lap times and was rewarded in the last 10 min or so of the 30min race when the leader I’d been catching up to went off track just enough for me to get past.

I really enjoyed driving the GT4’s, there’s a lot less tweaking that can be done in terms of setup so it’s more about man-handling the car around the track. It’s a pity that the class isn’t so well represented.

2 Likes

They are very fun. Much more room for error

2 Likes
1 Like

Will it only be up certain days or times ?

No, it’s up for as long as I can keep it online, currently running 24/7.
I can’t guarantee it will be up forever though.

2 Likes

That is awesome! Thanks man!

After I got my new router I never managed to get the server running on my side ever again

2 Likes

Interesting little interview with the founder of Kunos:

https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-corsa-hits-e100-million-in-sales-exclusive-interview-with-kunos-marco-massarutto/

1 Like

New DLC has launched!

They’ve also done some updates - and from Aris’s stream he’s showing that they added combined GT3 and GT4 races with the AI. The AI GT3 cars flash lights and everything when approaching the blue flags :smile:

1 Like

What’s included?
Donington GP, Snetterton 300, Oulton Park
2019 British GT season with championship mode - full season with car models that are already included ingame (just like with the IGT DLC) BOP 2019 season British GT.

BOP
DHD2 tyres on GT3 and DHA tyres on GT4 - consistent with GTWCH 2019, IGT and GT4 seasons in ACC.

Why 2019?
The content was developed before the 2020 season was even confirmed, which unfortunately also ended up with compromises in venues and car variety. Most importantly, the 2019 season showed the largest overlap with already existing ACC content.
All in all, the 2019 championship was the latest comprehensive season that made sense to reproduce.

When you play through the British GT season in Single Player, the tracks shared with the GTWCH championship, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Spa, take their British GT-specific BOP.

In Multiplayer, the shared tracks (the above 3) always use the GTWCH BOP to keep consistency (it’s also more balanced and includes more cars).

What else?
The paid DLC comprises the three new tracks, while the rest of the additions are available based on previous ownership (either the base game or the GT4 DLC).
The British GT season is playable using base content for all users, meaning that the new GT3 entries are playable on base content tracks without purchasing the DLC.

The British GT-specific GT4 entries are playable if you already own the GT4 DLC, otherwise they only appear as opponents.

Multiclass racing is now available also in Single Player under the British GT season.

Track limits
As you know, in ACC the kerbs are still track and you need to stay on the kerb with at least 2 tyres.
At Snetterton and Oulton Park, the BGT championship enforces the white line as track limit and there are even sensors outside the kerbs on some curves to detect track limits.
We also enforce the white line as track limit on said tracks. Donington again kerbs are track.

Take extra care at the back straight chicane at Oulton Park though. Mainly you can touch the green asphalt patch outside the kerbs with your inner wheels, but DO NOT touch the grass both at the first left hander and the second left hander. You will get track limits penalties.

Other notable updates in 1.7:

Dynamic track
Water dissipation and the influence of ambient factors (number of cars, cloud level) have been tweaked. It affects a number of things but notably the track is slower to dry in overcast scenarios and at night and in colder ambient.

Wet tyres
Improved heat generation versus tyre volume, wear, pressure influence for all GT3 and GT4 wet tyres. This potentially improves the handling of lighter, mid-engined cars in the rain, and improves the durability of wet tyres in light-moderate wet conditions.

Ground collisions
There is a global improvement in ground collisions and violent collision moments.

Fuel tank BOP
Implemented the fuel cell BOP restrictions that were used in the 2020 season at Paul Ricard and Spa.

AI
Offline mode now supports multiclass racing under the British GT season, and it is the default mode of play in that season. SP qualifier session is split to groups when the session is set long enough.

Server browser
A dual mode has been implemented that allows more filtering and sorting. Note that generally certain filtering possibilities are still restricted due to the original concept underneath.

Graphics
Addition of traced contact shadows that is a less taxing alternative of real time shadows.
Updated tarmac shaders and skidmarks.

3 Likes

So it’s morer betterer

1 Like

There’s finally some filtering options in the server browser! You can set a ping limit and sort according number of drivers in the session

2 Likes

Can we add favourites? The server browser is very unintuitive, and normally when I’m there I’m refreshing like a madman in order to get into the AM lobby, so I haven’t found it yet :smiley:

I’m trying the tracks now

1 Like

Don’t think so, for that you just search “Monday” and it will pop up. But what you can do is exclude servers based on ping. So if you set it to under 100ms ping you should only pickup the local servers.

1 Like

@DarthMol @DieGrootHammer @oltman
Are you ready for another round of Brands?
This time Oltman will be with the fast guys and hopefully he can get that 3rd place again.

I must do some quali practice - don’t want to get mixed up in the back of the field again. Ideally I’d like to pull ahead in the early stages so I can at least try to keep pace with the speedsters so that when they have the odd mistake or slow section due to traffic I can get up there in the mix.

I’ve heard that the Bentley got nerfed a bit in the latest patch :scream: but I think it’s more to do with fuel tank restrictions which won’t affect the shorter races.