Assetto Corsa Competizione

P3! First podium! So stoked!

3 Likes

Nicely done! The wife distracted me with a series on Netflix, so I couldnā€™t come and distract you. Iā€™ll thank her for you. :+1:

1 Like

Wowā€¦ what an amazing game.

1 Like

That was an epic race from you last night! Great quali and then you were rock solid the whole way through on an unforgiving track. Well deserved podium finish!

1 Like

Now see, itā€™s things like this that make me jealous. Sucks to be missing out but I am enjoying it even at a single player experience, only got to bed at 1 am. Just trying to understand how I am able to play it.

2 Likes

What cars have you tried out so far? One of the great things about the game is how each car feels different in its handling. This is especially the case between front, mid and back engine cars

Did a few tests in the career with the car everyone starts with (I assume), think it was a Lambo Huracan. Took that around a dry track, then a wet track track, then a night track. Funnily enough was able to perform the best in the wet.

Upon going through the tests, I chose the Porsche to start my career with. Got fed up on Zolder (I donā€™t really know the track) and went into a practice stint with a McLaren on Nurburgring which I felt a lot more comfortable on. Even so, it was tough keeping consistant times and clean laps. I love and relish the challenge that this game offers.

1 Like

The Porsche can be a tricky car to drive as it can easily step out in oversteer. Itā€™s definitely one of those games where practice and consistency make a big difference. Start by keeping consistent and the speed will come.

1 Like

Itā€™s bad. I actually donā€™t feel like working now and struggling to focus. I just want to get on track.

I started out by playing with earbuds in, maybe not the best solution but has to be better than TV speakers. Regardless, the sound design is phenomenal. Perhaps the best from any racing game/sim.

1 Like

The sounds really are amazing! Except in certain cameras where the brake squeak is too much!

2 Likes
  • Do the replays only record last lap or a set amount of time?
  • Also, I havenā€™t played with anything with regards to the ABS, TC, etc. Should I be leaving these as defaults?

You can configure the replays in the options menu to auto record up to 1h 15m. You can also set if it records practice sessions, qualifying and races. You can also manually save a recording (not sure which button to press on console though)

Whatā€™s also cool is that you can access the replay while youā€™re in the driving session (access from the pause menu) so you could review any of your previous laps etc.

Ya leave the TC and ABS as is for now. Start with the Safe Preset and use that until you gain some confidence. Then switch to Aggressive. Then if you want to tweak individual settings check out some YouTube videos, thatā€™s the best place to start.

2 Likes

That was a great drive @oltman just a pity I had to retire from the race just before I needed to pit.
I definitely think I could have possibly been fighting for top 5

2 Likes

Bit of a strange question, but Iā€™m wondering what brake board markers you guys use? Obviously I know it depends on the upcoming corner but I just meant in general. Are you hard in the break up to the corner or feather it leading into the corner?

It is dependent on the corner but hard braking at the braking marker, then modulate off to coast. Watching a lap guide will help with getting the braking right. Just google ā€œACC lap guideā€. The oneā€™s by Drivers Unleashed, Zermatt, Yorkie are pretty good. Jardier has also done some.

2 Likes

Rookie numbers I know but Iā€™m getting more and more consistent the more I play.

1 Like

Hey the Lexus! Thatā€™s my car of preference.

Track? Silverstone?

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s Silverstone. One of my more knowledgeable tracks from playing too much F1 and MotoGP.

1 Like

Not sure if I like the cockpit camera, I do like that I can guage feedback based on what the driverā€™s hands are doing but the lack of visibility annoys me, Helmut cam cam is the same. I find I get best results from the bonnet cam.

1 Like

I was 1st for 3 laps coming from 17th position, then I had to DNF due to daddy duties.
So bummed because I felt I could have made an epic climb after my first pit

3 Likes