Assetto Corsa Competizione

Thanks, I will have a looks at that.

I have been wondering. Does playing in free practice mode count towards lap times and more importantly, towards your ratings?

Yes it does. It won’t affect your safety rating since there aren’t other cars on track. Free practice is a great way to get your track competency stars. 4 clean laps in a row for 3 stars on a track. Don’t need to push time, just manage consistency.

1 Like

Yeah, try telling that to my left brain and my ego. I need to beat my previous lap and my personal best :stuck_out_tongue: but yeah, I have a continual urge to constantly push, and then get pissed off when I touch off track and invalidate.

2 Likes

Slowly getting 3 stars on all tracks. Just did 13 laps on Hangaroring in order to do so and once I did 4 clean laps I tried to do one where I pushedy time. I actually didn’t beat my fastest safe and clean lap. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

I figured out your problem… You are probably not in the Bentley :smiley:

2 Likes

Aaaah there we go! Swapped to the Bentley and what do you know, all is well in the universe again.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hmm… my pitstops seem to better now.

1 Like

DLSS! Yes please

3 Likes

Those are some big jumps! I am a little jelly!

1 Like

Nvidia has released an Image upscaler that is platform and graphics card agnostic (much like AMD’s FSR) that you could try out for the game. It may not be as refined as DLSS but it is still something. There’s a guide on how it works in the latest driver release notes.

2 Likes

Oooh! Great!

I wont be tinkering today though because you DONT TINKER JUST BEFORE THE RACE! :wink:

2 Likes

Free BMW M4 GT3 DLC incoming on 24 Nov!

1 Like

BMW needs to apologise for the abomination that is, that grill.

2 Likes

Agreed, I saw that kind of design on the road yesterday and the number plate was sitting right in the middle of that grill. It looks atrocious.

3 Likes

I am looking forward to the update though:

• BMW M4 GT3 2022 as free DLC
  • Unreal Engine update (v 4.26)
  • NVIDIA DLSS implementation
  • AMD FSR implementation
  • Physics engine and tyre model updates
1 Like

I am looking forward to the next gen console update. Hopefully I won’t have to buy it again and that it will be a free update/upgrade.

1 Like

Would be nice if they added OpenVR FSR

I don’t think they’ve done a good job of optimising the game on that engine at all.

Sure, it could be better. But if you want to see an unoptimised mess, try to load up iRacing for a quick race. It often takes more than 3 minutes to load into a practise session before qualy starts, and the practise is only 3 minutes… On bigger tracks like Spa or La Sarth it eats into your valuable qualy time!

Overall, I think the game runs well on pancakes, but have no VR experience with it. So, cannot really comment.

So I watched a bit of Jardier and Aris’ streams last night, and my word, they might as well have named the patch ACC 2.0. What a ridiculous amount of changes. The new tire model looks amazing.

I’m itching to get back into it again, especially with VR.